Menu

looking for secular AP Physics for next year

If my dd isn't given permission to take more than 2 classes/semester at the community college for next year (requires approval from the dean), I'll need to find an online AP Physics course for her to take. I have a degree in physics, so I can help with the actual work, but I want her to take a course that is specifically geared towards the AP test. I don't know anything about the AP test. Pennsylvania Homeschoolers doesn't have an AP Physics course listed.

I think I could manage the AP Calculus course myself, but if I needed one that was labeled AP, what would you recommend?

I need these courses to be secular and aimed specifically at the AP tests. My dd will be taking calculus at the same time as the physics class, so she would need an algebra-based physics or one that would be okay for taking calculus at the same time.

For Calculus (either AB or BC), Chalkdust has worked for us. You can get DVDs for the whole book now, which includes Calc I & II. I recommend finishing your book work before April at the very latest, then working through a prep/review guide those last few weeks before the test. The Princeton Review guide works for us.

Which Physics would you be doing - B or C? If it's C, would you be doing Mechanics and/or Electricity and Magnetism? B requires trig, C Mech requires Calc I, and C E&M requires Calc II.

Waiting to hear...

GardenMom

From the PA Homeschoolers site: "Also, we have several completely new classes this year: AP Latin, AP Physics, and AP Studio Art – 2D Design, and we’ll also be welcoming some new teachers leading second sections of more courses. More info on these details coming soon—and again, keep checking our Pennsylvania Homeschoolers website for regular feature articles from our teachers."

The classes are not shown in the standard list on the left hand side of the page, but the text above indicates they'll be offered. I agree with RENEEinVA that an email might be called for.

Regards,

Kareni