Menu

Electives..what are your plans?

My youngest son is going to be in high school next year. He is going to be taking some courses that my oldest did but some that my oldest took he is not interested in.

So far the electives we have come up with for him is

Mythology = 1/2 credit

Bible 1 = 1 credit

Bible 2 = 1 credit

Greek 1 = 1 credit

Greek 2 = 1 credit

Spanish 1 = 1 credit

Spanish 2 = 1 credit

Keyboarding = 1/2 credit

Computer = 1 credit

Personal Finance = 1/2 credit

Consumer Math = 1 credit

Marine Biology = 1 credit

Music = 1/2 to 1 credit

Health = 1/2 credit

Debate = 1/2 credit

Speech = 1/2 credit

Art = 1/2 credit (?)

Career Planning = 1/2 credit (?)

Philosophy = 1/2 credit (?)

Logic 1 = 1 credit

Logic 2 = 1 credit

Looks pretty thorough. How about something individualized that he has an interest in? For example, my son wants to study Chinese history and WWII (not together, separately), so we'll be pulling together something for his senior year. My older son did a unit study on martial arts during his junior year. That's the beauty of homeschooling, be able to tailor the studies to the student's interests.

Looks pretty thorough. How about something individualized that he has an interest in? For example, my son wants to study Chinese history and WWII (not together, separately), so we'll be pulling together something for his senior year. My older son did a unit study on martial arts during his junior year. That's the beauty of homeschooling, be able to tailor the studies to the student's interests.

He is the one that came up with Greek and mythology. I will have to see if he wants to do something else. I would love to have his senior year...easy, well easier.