Menu

Bible elective--what do you call it on your transcript?

I'm not sure what you mean by accepting credit. It's a high school credit, and you're not trying to get college credit for it. So does it matter?

I imagine a secular college would be more open to a class on the Old Testament as Literature rather than a doctrine course. But I don't really understand what you mean by their not accepting the courses.

Do you mean that when you showed the total number of high school credits earned, the colleges rejected these two credits and so your student was lacking enough credits to be considered as a high school graduate or having completed a high school education? Since music and art are academic disciplines, P.E. is the only non-academic oriented class that usually counts for high school credit. Sports and such cannot be counted either. Though, most colleges will never ask how a homeschooler how they accounted for P.E. class. We used a combination of homeschool soccer league and health/exercise related classes.

Most secular schools will not consider religious education and specifically doctrinal material, as electives. These are not considered "academic" but purely faith based teaching. Some secular universities offer OT. or NT. as literature classes. These are none doctrinally based. You would probably not receive any objection from a Christian University. I graduated from a Christian high school and two transcripts were issued. The one to secular schools did not list the Bible credits. The one to Christian Universities did.

Faith

I made sure oldest had more than enough electives just in case the Bible course was not accepted.

I just hate that they can not receive a credit for the work that they put into an elective and a college will not accept it.

I was trying to figure out a way that they would...by wording it differently.

I thought about saying Theology 1 and Theology 2.

I had someone tell me to word it as World Mythology..since ds is going to study mythology next year. I would give him 3 credits if I do this. 1 credit for Mythology and 2 credits for Bible.