Menu

Sickness has entered our house..and I'm due any day! Yikes!

Picture me: hugely pregnant, waddling around the house at high speed with spray bottle of Lysol in hand...disinfecting anything and everything (think penguin w/ a spray bottle!). Healthy kids running and hiding from my "weapon" for fear of being its next "victim". :willy_nilly: Laughing yet? :lol: Okay, joking aside (it's my defense against crying at this point!). Ds6 has been running a fever since yesterday...thankfully that is the extent of his sickness. Other kids are coughing and I'm ducking. :) Here I'm desperately trying anything to get labor going and now this! Arghhh! God...are you trying to tell me something? Again, joking aside...could you all pray for this sickness to pass soon and that I don't catch it? I can't deliver a newborn in a house full of sick kids or while sick myself! :eek:

Oh (((Sue))). I went through this too. We were all very sick right before our newborn arrived and I was really stressed about it too.

Then, the next day after we brought baby home all the kids and myself got another wicked cold. I felt like the world's worst mommy for *letting* my 4 day old baby catch a cold!! It was terrible, but it passed... I hope all your littles get better before baby is born!!

Meanwhile, load everybody up on extra Vitamin C and give them Oscillococcinum. It's an awesome homeopathic! It will help those who are sick to get better faster and mostly (if not completely) prevent it in those who are not yet sick.

I'll pray it all goes well.

Oh (((Sue))). I went through this too. We were all very sick right before our newborn arrived and I was really stressed about it too.

Then, the next day after we brought baby home all the kids and myself got another wicked cold. I felt like the world's worst mommy for *letting* my 4 day old baby catch a cold!! It was terrible, but it passed... I hope all your littles get better before baby is born!!

Meanwhile, load everybody up on extra Vitamin C and give them Oscillococcinum. It's an awesome homeopathic! It will help those who are sick to get better faster and mostly (if not completely) prevent it in those who are not yet sick.

I'll pray it all goes well.

Yup. And take some echinacea as well.

Instead of "fighting the germs" just boost everyone's immunity.

Picture me: hugely pregnant, waddling around the house at high speed with spray bottle of Lysol in hand...disinfecting anything and everything (think penguin w/ a spray bottle!). Healthy kids running and hiding from my "weapon" for fear of being its next "victim". :willy_nilly: Laughing yet? :lol: Okay, joking aside (it's my defense against crying at this point!). Ds6 has been running a fever since yesterday...thankfully that is the extent of his sickness. Other kids are coughing and I'm ducking. :) Here I'm desperately trying anything to get labor going and now this! Arghhh! God...are you trying to tell me something? Again, joking aside...could you all pray for this sickness to pass soon and that I don't catch it? I can't deliver a newborn in a house full of sick kids or while sick myself! :eek:

On the plus side, maybejustmaybe, all the waddling about spraying Lysol will get things moving in the labor department.:001_rolleyes:

Here are the mantras --

Strong healthy immune systems

Calm, relaxed mother

Safe, happy, baby

I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Doran