Menu

Visual Link Spanish ...Anyone???? :o)

I am seriously checking this program out.

Is it good for HS Spanish 1...for 1 credit? I know there are two programs.....so, if you use both...

Could that be HS Spanish 1 & 2????

What ages is it for?

If so, would you need to supplement with a written program?

Tell me the pros & cons....

It really looks Great!!!.....(better then my Rosetta Stone)

:001_smile:

We owned it and I liked it a lot. Both my girls only did a small portion of it in middle school before they went on a trip to Peru, so we don't have any long term use of it. The lessons we did still stick with me today. I have to say it was an effective tool. I think the audio CDs really helped.

The one thing I seem to remember was that you needed to add in grammar instruction, but that may have changed.

I liked it MUCH better and it was much more effective than Rosetta Stone.

We have been using Visual Link in our co-op for 2 years. The Spanish teacher at our co-op does all of the assigning and planning, so I 'm not as involved in this subject as I am in other areas. All of the kids at co-op prefer Visual Link over Rosetta Stone (which we used for 2 years prior to VL).

We use VL for three Spanish levels from 6th - 10th grade. The only level that uses a supplement is the 10th graders. The teacher uses The Ultimate Guide to Spanish for supplement.

IMHO - Visual Link is more appropriate for Dialectic and Rhetoric kids. They are at the stage of making connections, they have a solid understanding of English Grammar, and they are learning differently than grammar level kids. Rosetta Stone teaches by using pictures and phrase associations similar to the way a young child learns language, which, in my experience, is frustrating for older children who want to know what each word means and not just understand the general meaning of phrases.

About how to count VL for high school credit... I am just trusting our co-op Spanish teacher. She compares what they are learning with several Spanish textbooks. Our 10th graders are operating at a level that would compare with many Spanish III textbooks. I would definitely think VL could count for Spanish I & II, but you may need to supplement for Spanish III.

HTH,

Leanna

Edited by Leanna
clarity