Menu

PLL w/FLL 3 or R&S 3 or...

My dd will be finishing FLL 1/2 and WWE 2 (and BJU English 2 for the worksheets and writing). I have PLL and am set on using it over 18-24 months. My question is which should I add, FLL 3, Abeka A, or R&S 3. I will be using either one mostly for diagramming, teaching help, and a worksheet here and there. I need A LOT of hand holding because grammar is NOT something I am well-versed in. Or, I was thinking about getting the guide for PLL and completing PLL over 12 months before moving on to R&S or Abeka. Any input would be appreciated!

I am using the BJU English 2 this year for my dd. Have you thought of using BJU English 3? It also has some diagramming in it, and is very thorough in it's teaching of the parts of speech, and all the rules etc... of language, but it is also very gentle in it's approach. Another idea is you could use WWE 3, FLL 3, and then use BJU English 3 for extra worksheets, like you did last year, if you felt that worked well for you. I know you said you want to use PLL...What is that? :001_huh: Very curious!

ies

I am using the BJU English 2 this year for my dd. Have you thought of using BJU English 3? It also has some diagramming in it, and is very thorough in it's teaching of the parts of speech, and all the rules etc... of language, but it is also very gentle in it's approach. Another idea is you could use WWE 3, FLL 3, and then use BJU English 3 for extra worksheets, like you did last year, if you felt that worked well for you. I know you said you want to use PLL...What is that? :001_huh: Very curious!

I have Primary Language Lessons (PLL) by Serl. It has a lot of copywork, dictations, and picture studies. Grammar is intigrated into everything in a very gentle way. It is just missing the formal grammar I would like.

I did not like the fact that half of the BJU book was writing (we are doing WWE). I could get BJU 3, but I feel like I would be wasting money on the half I won't use! I am really just looking for formal grammar. Thank you for your input:001_smile:.