Menu

King Arthur Movies?

HI - are there any good movies about King Arthur? Obviously, it's all legends, etc. - but after watching the series 'Merlin' I'd like to introduce my children to a more 'accurate' account of the Arthurian legends. I do have the movie 'King Arthur', but wasn't that impressed. Of course, we also have Disney's 'Sword in the Stone', if that counts!

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Thanks, all! I've ordered in Camelot and Excalibur, shall see what they are like. Unfortunately, living in a remote location, we don't have a public library close by.

Has anyone seen 'The Mists of Avalon'? I've not heard much about it, but it may be another possibility.

I also think I might look at getting some documentaries - I saw a few on ebay, anyone know of any good ones?

Thanks!

Guest samueleric

Ah, how I love KING ARTHUR. But I have to say EXCALIBUR is the single one that stands out in my mind as the strongest adaptation of the tale. I love all the Wagner music and the skillful use of the now over-used O FORTUNA theme. But I suppose very little could be counted as a true "score" since they just used classical themes that would eventually be used again and again in films, TV, and anime. But embarassingly enough, because I saw the film so young... I associate ALL of that music with the Boorman film...