Menu

Hands-On Essays with DVDs by Bonita Lillie information!

Hi all,

Been in email conversation with Bonita Lillie from Hands-On Essay and thought I'd post the results. I think I'll definitely give this one a try!

Kim

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Kim,

You can surely post my response on the forum. If someone hasn't heard about it yet, I definitely want the word to get out! You might also direct them to the website.

The editing information is the same for the DVD. Most of the lessons are the same, but a few have been edited in small ways. Also, in certain spots the information appears written on the screen while I'm talking on the DVD. The style and colors in those portions are different. One has a chalkboard appearance and one has a reddish background. Mostly, though, it's the same.

Blessings,

Bonita

----- Original Message -----

To:

Sent:
Friday, March 12, 2010 12:55 PM

Subject:
Re: Hands-On Essay Program

Thanks so much for your response. The course sounds like it's exactly what I've been looking for. It'll be tough to decide which version I'll buy. :)

FWIW, I'm on welltrainedmind forum quite a bit in the spring and summer and have been asking about the program from users. No one ans, but there were others who were curious and interested, so if it's okay with you, I'd like to post your response on the forum.

BTW, can I assume then that the DVD is the same with both versions? :)

Best regards,

Kim

----- Original Message -----

To:

Sent:
Friday, March 12, 2010 11:48 AM

Subject:
Re: Hands-On Essay Program

Hi Kim,

So sorry for the delay. I've been out of town for a few days and I'm getting caught up on orders and email. Your original email actually did go through on the website so it's working.

Teach4Mastery no longer publishes
Hands-On Essays
so you can only purchase it via

Below you'll find the differences and similarities between the two versions. If you have further questions, feel free to contact me.

-----
Similarities between the original and the newest version of
Hands-On Essays:

-Both contain the same basic content.

-Each version has the same sixteen lessons.

-Each version combines both a DVD and a handbook to make the complete curriculum.

-Both versions work well to help students master the essay and prepare for the timed writing on the SAT.

Differences:

-They are different in both appearance and packaging.

-Each version is edited differently which means that if you compare the two, the information will be the same, but it may be worded differently, lessons vary in length from version to version, certain portions may be added or omitted, and some writing samples vary. However, the majority of content remains the same.

-The older version only has graphics in the handbook if they pertain directly to the lesson while the newer version has graphics throughout the book.

-The newer version contains one page that includes resources to help with research as well as a short section of additional suggested writing assignments. The original version doesn’t contain these pages. However, both versions have a section of writing ideas to help formulate additional assignments.

-In short, the newer version is more refined, but the meat of the curriculum is the same in both versions.

Blessings,

Bonita Lillie