Menu

Saxon Geometry or Advanced Mathematics

dd will be starting 9th grade next year. We've always hs'd and always used Saxon math. She's completing Saxon Algebra II this year--and averaging about 95% correct.

I'm thinking ahead to next year.

Has anyone used Saxon geometry?

What were your impressions?

Does it really teach--or is it just a place holder (i.e., repeating info found in all other Saxon books).

If you've used Saxon advanced mathematics--did you do it over 1 year or over 2?

We have never used the geometry. My two oldest did Advanced Math in one year (10th), but my third has taken two years, but this was mainly due to the fact she is in anywhere from 2-4 choirs at a time and practice is such a large part of her life.

Linda

I called Saxon about their Geometry course when it came out. I was informed they only created it to better go along with the public school system. Some wanted a separate Geometry class simply because that is how it is done in public school. I was told there was a lot of "bugs" in it and it was not recommended at this time. (That was by Saxon.) They told me that the Algebra I, Algebra II, and Adv. Math courses integrate all the Geometry that is need for a full Geometry credit.

We are just finishing Algebra I this year and plan on keeping the regular course with Saxon and not doing the separate Geometry course.