Menu

Where to go after First Language Lessons

joni470

For me it would depend on where I was going with a writing program. Right now my plans are to do FLL & WWE 1/2 & 3 maybe 4 depending an how quickly we move through FLL & my dd's readiness and then move into the Michael C. Thompson Grammar & Writing programs.

Jesi

Guest beckyhm

We're finishing up FLL 4. We've really liked it. We're not sure where to go from here either. I'd love to use Rod and Staff but it is far too religious in nature for our liking. I'd love more input too. I've heard Growing With Grammar is Good.?

Becky

I wondered if this would be too big a jump. I would love to leave FLL and go into Analytical Grammar, if possible. I just do not know where FLL4 leaves the child. So, I wasn't sure if that was a good idea. I am glad to hear that it is.

Savannah

http://www.hammocktracks.com

In all fairness Erin, the daughter of the author of AG suggest that we use JAG first. After looking at the samples and watching the videos I feel that AG will be more appropriate for us. My son is older than yours and we will be part way through 5th grade by the time we start.

Hope this helps.

My ds finished FLL4 in January and we went directly to CLE 500.

I plan to use Analytical Grammar in the 7th grade. I've used AG with my older dc and love it, but I thought it was too big of a jump right now. I also felt this son needed more reinforcement of some language arts skills included in CLE and not included in a pure grammar program like AG.

Leanna

We've been using GWG and I like that. My 9 y/o just finished 3rd grade GWG and I decided to put him in JAG next because we're heading for AG most likely after that because I think it will go with our writing program better. JAG is recommended for 4-5 grade, before AG.

Dd finished FLL-3 in January and is now doing FLL-4, which I expect she'll finish around Sept/Oct. Then she'll do R&S-5 and R&S-6 over the next 2-1/2 years. I'm already familiar with R&S-5 & 6 from using them with ds, so I think it will be an easy transition.

Can someone please tell me what CLE500 is?

Thanks

Savannah,

http://www.hammocktracks.com

My ds finished FLL4 in January and we went directly to CLE 500.

Christian Light Education. 500 would mean the 5th grade level. I used the CLE Language Arts 5th grade level after FLL4. You can see examples online. Here's a link. http://www.clp.org/

Blessings,

Leanna

Ds went from FLL right into R&S3 without any problems. This was before different levels of FLL were published.

My son is 8 years old and we are almost finished with FLL 3. I wondered where others have gone when they finished FLL4. I am debating whether to start a new program next year or to continue on with 4. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Savannah

www.hammocktracks.com