Menu

Spriritual Lessons from the Great Recession.

Now that we've all read and contributed to the 1% raise post, and we know that so many of us are suffering, why don't we share the positive?

As for me, I am grateful to know that I truly had sins in the area of materialism; I'm grateful to know how little I need to live and how much God will provide when it's 3 days to payday and we don't have a dime, not even under the couch cushions.

Now that we've all read and contributed to the 1% raise post, and we know that so many of us are suffering, why don't we share the positive?

As for me, I am grateful to know that I truly had sins in the area of materialism; I'm grateful to know how little I need to live and how much God will provide when it's 3 days to payday and we don't have a dime, not even under the couch cushions.

We're not suffering in this area at the moment, but we went through our own family "recession" of sorts about 6 years ago. It enabled me to see God as provider and miracle-worker. He provided $$ when there was just none to be found. He did things in amazing ways at amazing times in ways that ONLY He could do!!! It made me appreciate food, clothing, family, $$, a home, etc.!!! God is good and God is faithful!!

Two things come to mind:

1) As we are not living in our own home at present with our own belongings - I have been really challenged at times with just wanting to have my own home. But I am reminded that my home will not be found on this earth. My home is in heaven and anywhere I end up here will be just as temporary as the place I am in now.

2) God is not good because he has blessed me with good health, material possessions, my family, and a roof over my head. He is good because he has redeemed me from sin and He is my salvation.

2) God is not good because he has blessed me with good health, material possessions, my family, and a roof over my head. He is good because he has redeemed me from sin and He is my salvation.

Amen! I did not know this before these hard times.