Menu

Antidote!

This will sound like an ad, but honestly, I'm only recommending it. I have no links with the company except that I'm a client, and I was hired (I didn't take the job) by this company's ancestor about 20 years ago..

Antidote is a software that double checks your French spelling and grammar. French spelling is very different than English spelling because it's contextual. Therefore the speller in Word doesn't do a good job for French. This one, however, does a tremendous job!

http://www.druide.com/antidote.html

Each time the software is unsure about a word, it will ask you which grammar rule needs to be applied. For example "Earth" vs "earth". The capital E depends on what you mean. It will therefore ask you if you're talking about the planet we live on, or the soil.

For anyone with kids speaking and writing French, this software is a must. I installed it for my son when he was in 4th grade. It really notched up his French grammar almost overnight!