Menu

12th grade english

Guest Barb B

Guest Barb B

Tell me your favorite, and most effective english/lit/writing course(s) to help that helped prepare your kids for college english, reading, writing.

Thanks,

Barb

Guest Barb B

Any others? I guess I must admit - I have not read TWTM or the other one. Do they suggests books, . . . or what? I guess I am looking for something with writing that will prepare for college and also a good literature course with good books, discussion questions and assignments. I have looked at Kolbe, angelicum (spelling?) and even k 12 and sonlight. We have used Seton for the first 3 years of high school. We need a break (graders driving us nuts - looking for only certain points in essays and very long time to grade). Also, I feel that ds will miss out on some great books to read if I don't switch for this last year. I want to make sure I have prepared him well for college so I am stressing already about next years choices (we will begin senior year end of August).

Barb

This may help.

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/workshops-handouts/

These are on the Well-Trained Mind home page under the "Site Resurces". There is a whole slew of interesting things to read, for a variety of ages; all mostly based on the WTM book and methods. There are recommendations for writing, rhetoric, and booklists - all right there.

HTH

Kathy

Edited by ksva