Menu

Michael Pearl's Response to his critics today

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is it right here:

Even my chickens are laughing . . . well, actually it more like cackling, because they just laid another organic egg for my breakfast and they know that it was that same piece of ¼ inch plastic supply line that trained the dogs not to eat chicken....

Children are not dogs. I wouldn't even treat my dogs as badly.

Thank you for posting that. It really does speak volumes all by itself. I'm glad he responded.

Yes. It is a very humorous thing, isn't it?

:ack2:

You're welcome. I belong to a group that "watchdogs" him and that's how I got the link. I hope it settles his state of mind once and for all to everyone that thinks he has an ounce of *WHATEVER* in him.

". . .My granddaughters laugh with joy after giving their baby dolls a spanking for “being naughty. . .â€

Umm, the above quote is quite sick.

That's what I was about to comment on too. How often do you need to beat a little girl for it to become part of her play????

I couldn't read the whole thing. All the grandchildren are going around laughing when they see their daddy, mommy, and grandparents because these people are all wearing rubber hoses around their necks. They are so scared all they can do is laugh out of fear! Sheesh!!

I'm all for the Pearl's doing their thing. The whole to each their own, really. I don't believe they are responsible for the deaths of late, although I believe all people will be responsible for what we teach to others. Although many people don't spank, *I* believe spanking has its usefulness. So now you know where I'm coming from.

Now, the article was gross, mocking, arrogant, and reprehensible. As if children raised their way will be the only well trained or happy, adjusted children. :glare:That was pretty gross. I did not appreciate his comical tone at all (I like their Help Meet book). Perhaps when his day comes, he'll get his own a$$ whoopin' from God for behaving so poorly. Until then, we won't be buying, reading or suggesting anything from them. What a shame that the good they encourage will not only be overshadowed by the tragedies, but also by his arrogance. Despicable.

Why are they in the news again? Did something new happen? Just curious as I'm apparently uninformed. :confused:

There has been a case in CA where a child has died from abuse and the parents have stated that they followed the Pearl's Principles of Child Rearing (I am paraphrasing here.)

I posted this in another thread (afraid it would get deleted if it was it's own thread ;)).

The arrogance is apparent. :confused:

The complete stupidity to make such a post when the issue being responded to by his critics is the death of a child.

The idea that what his critics object to is the presence of "spanking". :001_huh:

Having to assert happy, laughing children? Reminds me of the message board defense "I'm right because all these PMs tell me the same thing."

A child is dead. Is he not smart enough to shut up?

"Even my chickens are laughing . . . well, actually it more like cackling, because they just laid another organic egg for my breakfast and they know that it was that same piece of ¼ inch plastic supply line that trained the dogs not to eat chicken...."

Wow. Just wow.

He has gone way too far here. Regardless to what one thinks about spanking, this is above and beyond anything sane.

That man is just horrifying. I would love to leave a comment on his blog but to do so would require becoming a member and that is something I would never do.

I find it very telling that Pearl claims that all good children, and all well adjusted adults are his. Pearl does not glorify God in any way nor aknowledge that all good comes from Him. To Mr. Pearl I would like to say;

Whenever a mother finds herself going too far in taking your parenting advice and beating her child, may she find a loving counselor to help her do better. That counselor will be one of His.

Whenever a parent finds himself in the unthinkable situation of being incarcerated for having murdered a child by following your advice, may they find a forgiving pastor or minister to help him. That pastor will be one of His.

Whenever a child grows up to be an adult with an empty hole in his heart where safety, security and love from parents should be, and instead finds only fear and pain because, not only did his parents beat him but expressed their delight in doing so on your advice; may he find a friend to lead him to the healer of all sorrows, the Savior, Jesus Christ. That friend will be one of His.

When a young adult finds herself terrified to hold her newborn baby because the only example she has ever seen are those who followed your advice and abused their infants, may she find someone who will show her a better way; the loving way to raise a child. That someone will be one of His.

When you pass from this life, Mr. Pearl, do you expect that the Savior will meet you with a whip around his neck to give you what you deserve? No he will meet you with his palms upraised to show the wounds he received in atoning for your sins so you wouldn't have to feel the whip. Then he will ask you why you caused so much pain and suffering, sorrow and heartbreak in His name. I wonder what the answer will be.

Just my 2 cents,

Amber in SJ

That man is just horrifying. I would love to leave a comment on his blog but to do so would require becoming a member and that is something I would never do.

I find it very telling that Pearl claims that all good children, and all well adjusted adults are his. Pearl does not glorify God in any way nor aknowledge that all good comes from Him. To Mr. Pearl I would like to say;

Whenever a mother finds herself going too far in taking your parenting advice and beating her child, may she find a loving counselor to help her do better. That counselor will be one of His.

Whenever a parent finds himself in the unthinkable situation of being incarcerated for having murdered a child by following your advice, may they find a forgiving pastor or minister to help him. That pastor will be one of His.

Whenever a child grows up to be an adult with an empty hole in his heart where safety, security and love from parents should be, and instead finds only fear and pain because, not only did his parents beat him but expressed their delight in doing so on your advice; may he find a friend to lead him to the healer of all sorrows, the Savior, Jesus Christ. That friend will be one of His.

When a young adult finds herself terrified to hold her newborn baby because the only example she has ever seen are those who followed your advice and abused their infants, may she find someone who will show her a better way; the loving way to raise a child. That someone will be one of His.

When you pass from this life, Mr. Pearl, do you expect that the Savior will meet you with a whip around his neck to give you what you deserve? No he will meet you with his palms upraised to show the wounds he received in atoning for your sins so you wouldn't have to feel the whip. Then he will ask you why you caused so much pain and suffering, sorrow and heartbreak in His name. I wonder what the answer will be.

Just my 2 cents,

Amber in SJ

Well said. Full of grace.

Just my 2 cents,

Amber in SJ

Amber,

WOW! You brought tears to my eyes. That was truly amazing, and absolutely true.

Dorinda

Just my 2 cents,

Amber in SJ

Wow! Great post!

I have commented a few times that I am one who has read and gleaned/used some things from TTUAC and the Help Meet book. I've never been a fervent follower of TTUAC, but I have read several of the free newsletters, and I never thought of their materials as totally objectionable. I found a few things harsh, but I dismissed them, and didn't think much more of it.

Since all this has happened, and since I've read many of the links posted here and on other blogs/forums, I will no longer read their materials in a state of an open mind. If I do read their materials now, it will be to keep myself aware of what they are writing, because some in my church have followed their methods. But, I will no longer take their parenting advice as a valid option for healthy parenting. I'm not to a point of totally rejecting spanking, but I do reject the attitude and spirit that comes from the Pearls.

This statement from Michael Pearl was very weird to me. I've never noticed such a weirdness in his tone. He often writes in a tone of sarcasm, but this was beyond sarcasm. :001_huh:

I do believe that God disciplines His children sometimes, but picture Him with tears in His eyes, versus some type of "laughing God over our sadness." I'm one of the ones who has defended reading with Wisdom... tons of books... and I didn't take any of the book to extreme. But, even I.... read the Pearl's response and see no humility, sadness, love for the child who was killed, compassion for parents who didn't understand.... who wanted to do good... but lead themselves down the wrong road. I don't believe God laughs when one of His children are killed in the name of discipline. Surely there must have been a different response of sorrow that was possible. God help those who lack humility..... Sad for the influence that could have been for good... that is now for evil.

Perhaps Mike Pearl should try a kleenex and prayer... instead of selling more books.

It's a sad day for followers of Christ. Where is his earthly accountability?? Where is his church??

;-(

II'm not to a point of totally rejecting spanking, but I do reject the attitude and spirit that comes from the Pearls.

:

Most people objecting to the Pearls aren't objecting to the presence of "spanking" but areas of unhealth, dysfunction and scriptural twisting.

I've never read anything by them, just know what I've read from people posting about them. I admit to being mildly curious about just what was in their books until I read this response. The guy is a fruitcake.

:iagree:I never read anything either other than what was written here. The man is obviously a fruitcake- unfortunately, a dangerous one. I now have him mentally pegged alongside cult leaders who have their cult followers all commit suicide, or who have sex with underage girls. To me, its pretty much of the same level of twisted (and I am not particularly anti spanking either).

Personally, I'm thrilled that Michael Pearl has unmasked himself. It's not good enough for people who were already convinced of the flaws in his methods to say, "Yep, he's twisted all right." I want those who have had their ears tickled by his words to see what a complete lack of humility and compassion he demonstrates, and to ask themselves if this is a man they want to defend and whose methods they want to employ.

When you pass from this life, Mr. Pearl, do you expect that the Savior will meet you with a whip around his neck to give you what you deserve?No he will meet you with his palms upraised to show the wounds he received in atoning for your sins so you wouldn't have to feel the whip. Then he will ask you why you caused so much pain and suffering, sorrow and heartbreak in His name. I wonder what the answer will be.

Just my 2 cents,

Amber in SJ

Beautiful post!!!

:iagree:I never read anything either other than what was written here. The man is obviously a fruitcake- unfortunately, a dangerous one. I now have him mentally pegged alongside cult leaders who have their cult followers all commit suicide, or who have sex with underage girls. To me, its pretty much of the same level of twisted (and I am not particularly anti spanking either).

Ahhh.. he is like a cult leader, isn't he?