Menu

Gym credit?

In Texas, the public schools require 1.5 years of gym, but will give up to 2 years of credit for gym.

I am having my kids each do 2 credits of gym.

For a full credit, your kids should be doing at least 1 hour of activity daily. Your dd definitely meets that qualification. I would count her individual practice as p.e. and her skating team practice as extracurricular.

I have no idea what the state allows, but we're doing phys ed every year and putting it down. This is based on my high school years where we had to take it for one semester 4 out of 5 years (high school was grades 8-12). I'll handle the credit aspect of it individually depending on where dd decidess to apply to unversity college. Because of this, she'll have to have enough academic & allowable elective credits to compensate for places that give minimal stress to physical health (my opinion coming out here & I HATEDgym because we were graded by ability and I was not at all athletic in school (grew fast & got coordinated later.)