Menu

Who has lost weight while using Sparkpeople?

Oh . . if the Well Trained Sparks team isn't active enough to give you the support you need, check out some of the other teams. I've found T-Tappers, *6* different Walk Away the Pounds teams, as well as teams for specific geographic regions and special health conditions. It's pretty amazing!

I'm only using SparkPeople to track things, really - not keeping up with points or the rest, but I've lost 27/8 lbs since January. I need to look at more of the features, especially the exercise "stuff," I think.

Congratulations to you!

10 so far! I'm loving sparkpeople!

I'm aiming for oh, roughly 30. If I get down 20, I'll be overjoyed!

This is just following the nutrition plan (1200-1500 cal./day - usually coming in around 1300 or so.) Haven't done so well with the exercise;)

Thanks for asking! I've been keeping it pretty quiet IRL - waiting for someone to notice before I mention it. (So far am at the "clothes that were getting tight fit again" stage - haven't actually gone down a size - YET!)

10 so far! I'm loving sparkpeople!

I'm aiming for oh, roughly 30. If I get down 20, I'll be overjoyed!

This is just following the nutrition plan (1200-1500 cal./day - usually coming in around 1300 or so.) Haven't done so well with the exercise;)

Thanks for asking! I've been keeping it pretty quiet IRL - waiting for someone to notice before I mention it. (So far am at the "clothes that were getting tight fit again" stage - haven't actually gone down a size - YET!)

Good for you! Keep it up! :hurray:

I used that site last summer and lost 10 pounds. I was also walking on my treadmill for 2 hours a day.

Then, school started, then my treadmill died, then we couldn't find a highend, small one to replace it (like the one I had), so I bought a recumbent bike, then I had a cardiac alation, then I got the flu.

So, now I'm doing my bike for one hour a day. Perhaps I'll go back to sparkpeople.

I lost some. But it's okay because I found it again a few months later.

It is a good website. I should do it again. Maybe after the Easter M&M's are gone. :001_huh:

I had to throw ours away. (Wrong, I know. In so many ways.) Not only did I throw them away, but I dumped them out of the bag and dumped coffee grounds and a disposable diaper on top so I didn't feel tempted to pull a Costanza and The Eclair.

I had to throw ours away. (Wrong, I know. In so many ways.) Not only did I throw them away, but I dumped them out of the bag and dumped coffee grounds and a disposable diaper on top so I didn't feel tempted to pull a Costanza and The Eclair.

Oh My Goodness! Lol! Yes, if I throw the coffee grounds on top of the trash, I know it's gone for good!

(Unfortunately, there are still Reeses peanut butter cups hiding in my kitchen. Very scary! I hope dh and the dc will finish them today before I do!)

Congratulations to everyone that has been so successful on losing weight. :thumbup: Could someone please explain exactly how you use sparkpeople? I have gone to the site and looked at it, but I am not sure what to do. Is it just a place to record your food/exercise, and boards to read? Does it give you an actual diet plan to follow? I would love if several of you would share how it has helped you lose the weight. I have so much to lose that I feel totally hopeless. :ack2: TIA for taking the time to respond

I log in daily to track my calories and record my exercise. It has helped me tremendously because I can "see" what I'm eating. I usually only log what I eat until dinner time because those are easy to record (whereas a dinner I make might be more difficult). But, then I base how much and what I eat for dinner on what my totals are for the day so far.

Also, it is great support, to read through the message boards, or to look at people's Sparkpages. You can see the transformations that dedication result in!

Also, I use it as a resource to find new exercises, recipes, and to answer questions I have.

Congratulations to everyone that has been so successful on losing weight. :thumbup: Could someone please explain exactly how you use sparkpeople? I have gone to the site and looked at it, but I am not sure what to do. Is it just a place to record your food/exercise, and boards to read? Does it give you an actual diet plan to follow? I would love if several of you would share how it has helped you lose the weight. I have so much to lose that I feel totally hopeless. :ack2: TIA for taking the time to respond

Maybe this link will work for you:

http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/get_started.asp

If not, after you log in go to "Tools" on the left side of the page and "Start" under that. There are "stages" of progress -- setting just a couple of goals at a time. I've found that blogging and posting on the forums is helping to keep me motivated. If you need more help, send me a message! hth

17.8 pounds since January (minus whatever gained around Easter, what with hosting and therefore cooking a lot - sigh).

Anyway, if I log every bite I take ... it works for me - I just can't STAND to go over 1200 cal (ok, sometimes 1300) per day. I mean, I can stand it, and can EASILY go over, and HATE being hungry, which I always am at 1200 --- but it's an external conscience, I suppose!

i have lost 48 lbs since july 2006. 40 in the first 9 months; 8 in the last year though i dropped two pants' sizes in those 8 lbs. i have 8 lbs to go to goal.

i log my food and exercise, read the articles and emails, and post on the nutrition and exercise boards although not as much of late. i have read just about every article on Sparkpeople and really feel that information has been an important part of crafting a healthier lifestyle.

I've lost 12 pounds since January 11th. I know that probably doesn't sound like a lot, but I want to lose the weight really slowly, so that I never feel deprived, and so that it's a lifestyle and not just a diet.

I like the suggested menus from SparkPeople. They're pretty much always something I'd really enjoy eating, and easy to prepare. I do go off on my own a lot though, substituting family meals and some frozen meals from the grocery when I feel lazy. When I think about doing this for another year, I don't dread the thought, as I have on other diets I've tried.

12 pounds down, 82 to go!:blush5:

~Julie~

I've lost 12 pounds since January 11th. I know that probably doesn't sound like a lot, but I want to lose the weight really slowly, so that I never feel deprived, and so that it's a lifestyle and not just a diet.

I like the suggested menus from SparkPeople. They're pretty much always something I'd really enjoy eating, and easy to prepare. I do go off on my own a lot though, substituting family meals and some frozen meals from the grocery when I feel lazy. When I think about doing this for another year, I don't dread the thought, as I have on other diets I've tried.

12 pounds down, 82 to go!:blush5:

~Julie~

I don't use the menus at all. I'm just practicing portion control with the foods I prepare for the rest of the family. I substituting a cup of yogurt or bowl of soup if I'm getting too close to my calorie goal for the day.

You're well on your way! WooHoo!

I used Spark People last year some and just started using it again about a month ago. The only thing I really do is try to track my calories and exercise. I joined the WTM group but now I'm not sure what else I do with the group? When I log in to spark people will it automatically take me to the group? I'm just not sure what the features are.

I used Spark People last year some and just started using it again about a month ago. The only thing I really do is try to track my calories and exercise. I joined the WTM group but now I'm not sure what else I do with the group? When I log in to spark people will it automatically take me to the group? I'm just not sure what the features are.

To a heading called "Quick Links" -- Just under it you'll click on "My Spark Teams."

Once you click on the "Well Trained Sparks," you can see who else is on the team, post to the forums, read others' Sparkpages or blogs, or huddle. The "huddle" is an orange tab near the center where we can greet each other every day.

Send me a message if you have more questions!

Blessings!