Menu

Anyone successful in turning a baby who is in breech position?

My boys were breech until almost the last week before they were born. My doc told me to lay hands and knees...butt up...(very attractive :001_huh:)

BUT , it did seem to work..LOL...by the way, none of mine were born breech, they went head down right before labor.

~~Faithe

:iagree::iagree:

How far along is she? If she is earlier than 36wks I would tell her to not worry about it. If she is that far along or more then she needs to think about being proactive in getting the baby to turn.

After 36wks if a baby is still breech then I recommend finding a chiro who can do the Webster (not all chiros can). It has an 82% success rate in turning them.

Ditto the Spinning Babies website.

Also, a simple Google search for "turning breech babies" will give many websites that have tips/tricks.

Then I would also gently remind her that if the baby doesn't turn, to trust the baby. Babies are smart. This little one may have turned b/c she knows it's the safest way for her to be born.