Menu

Bosch mixer question

My poor KitchenAid is kneeding two loaves of bread dough and is struggling and making all manner of straining noises. I'm thinking it might be time for something along the lines of a Bosch. Actually I know it is time. But I have a question before the final commitment. Will something as powerful at the Bosch mix cake batter?

The Bosch will mix ANYTHING, even cake batter. And just so you know, 2 loaves of bread is nothing to a Bosch. I would double or even triple my loaves and never once did it struggle. I loved it but had to sale it in a financial crisis. I have a KA now but it doesn't do nearly as much bread. I can only do 2 loaves at a time before it shuts down. When I ever need something again, I'll buy another Bosch.

I have both the food processor and the slicer/shredder. The slicer shredder has the blade at the top and can do a very large amount. The bowl is considerably larger and fits on the same side as the mixer part. The food processor has blades for the top, but also has the regular blade on the bottom. It is a smaller bowl and fits on the side where the blender attaches.

I like both of them for different reasons. But...if I had to chose only one, I would pick the slicer/shredder.

I've also heard the Electrolux DLX is really good. I'm waiting for my KA to die so I can buy something better :D

Alison

I'm doing very well indeed if the two whole wheat loaves I make with the KA last two days now. I would looove to bake enough in one session to last a whole week, but I can't knead that much by hand and the budget won't flex enough to buy either a Bosch or an Electrolux.

My KA has been straining with at least two loaves a week for several years now without any sign of failing, so it may be awhile...