Menu

Question about CLE Math

LAmom

I am looking to supplement a little bit for first grade Math. My daughter needs extra practice with adding, subtracting, etc. We have done basics with counting, money, time, etc. Would I be OK to just order the last 5 Light Units? Is there a list somewhere stating what each unit covers? I would like to pick and choose which ones. I get a little idea by the sample they have, but is there a "table of contents" listing what each unit covers? I know that I don't really need the first one, looks light learning to write each number. She does all that fine.

Also, do you recommend I buy the teacher's manual? Is it needed for 1st grade?

Thanks!

Here is a pdf of their entire elementary scope and sequence. Their program is spiral, so each lesson has a new concept introduced with lots of review of previous concepts. If you purchased the last 5, you would have reviews of the previous 5. I switched my ds to CLE after Christmas. It was the best thing I ever did. He is really enjoying it. It is usually the first thing he wants to do in his subjects.

I highly recommend the flash cards. They are wonderful because they come arranged for your lessons. I had to rearrange them for the 2nd grade where my son started, but they come prepared for 1st. You just pull out the group it says and practice.

Here is a pdf of their entire elementary scope and sequence. Their program is spiral, so each lesson has a new concept introduced with lots of review of previous concepts. If you purchased the last 5, you would have reviews of the previous 5. I switched my ds to CLE after Christmas. It was the best thing I ever did. He is really enjoying it. It is usually the first thing he wants to do in his subjects.

Thanks! That is what I wanted. What is your advice for adding it now? Get it all and skip through to finish by summer? Or just go with the last 5 hoping to get it all done by summer?

Do you have the teacher's guide?

The teacher's manual is required for first grade. I would NOT recommend doing just the last five LUs. If anything, do the first five very quickly (dot went through the first LU in one week, and has spent an average of 8 school days on each LU after) as the last five are very advanced. Dot is getting ready to start 110, and is doing three-column addition and subtraction, telling time to five minutes, skip counting by 2, 5, and 10, counting money using dollars, pennies, nickles and dimes up to $9.99, addition with carrying to the tens and probably other things I'm not thinking of at the moment.

The teacher's manual is required for first grade. I would NOT recommend doing just the last five LUs. If anything, do the first five very quickly (dot went through the first LU in one week, and has spent an average of 8 school days on each LU after) as the last five are very advanced. Dot is getting ready to start 110, and is doing three-column addition and subtraction, telling time to five minutes, skip counting by 2, 5, and 10, counting money using dollars, pennies, nickles and dimes up to $9.99, addition with carrying to the tens and probably other things I'm not thinking of at the moment.

Thanks! That's helpful.