Menu

Can we break out the National Merit Scholarship news in this thread?

Halftime Hope

ETA: correction: into, "...into this thread?"

I know April announced her son's and MSPolly's dd as well.

There may have been others that I missed: I'm sorry!!

I'm so happy for everyone!! Congrats to each one of you and to your students!

ETA: I just wanted the happy news to be in one, easy-to-find place. No other reason.

Edited by Valerie(TX)

Could you moms who got their principal packets please tell me in what form factor it is? We're hoping to receive one today and want to know if it's too big and stiff (cardboard reinforcement?) to fit in our normal-sized mailbox. If it is, dh (Reg) will need to plow this morning so the mail carrier can bring it up to the house.

Thanks!

GardenMom

:hurray::hurray::hurray::party:

Congratulations everyone!!!!

And yes, I know becoming an actual *scholar* is pretty rare....but we are going to remain *hopeful*. It would REALLY help dd get to her first choice school!!

Finalist is the designation that counts. Congratulations!

Barb

Congrats to all! And dkholland, we'll be praying and rooting for you as my son would love to see yours there. :)

I'm hoping in two years to be celebrating with everyone as my middle son certainly has the ability to be there - if he tests well in Oct. My oldest never had a chance. His writing ability (or lack thereof) still drives me nuts and puts him out of contention.

Hearing about so many making it keeps me thinking positively!

Congrats again to all!

My daughter's letter and the official certificate came in the mail yesterday!! We're thrilled! Since her first choice school is Baylor, finalist ranking means full tuition -- a real blessing!

Congratulations to all the other finalists and their families!

Yvonne

Congratulations everyone! I wonder what percentage of WTM board regulars seniors are NMF? Probably a lot higher percentage than our local high school!

We received the student letter and principal letter on the same day last week. 5 of us were recovering from the stomach flu that day so it was nice to have something great arrive in the mail.

We will now wait to see if he gets the full-ride scholarship he is up for.

Kendall

Congratulations to all the NM finalists on this board!

Our family walked that process 7 years ago with my oldest daughter. She did choose to attend one of the schools that offers a large scholarship for those with NM designations and it was a huge help for us in paying for her college education. I hope some of you find having that designation helpful in getting some scholarship assistance.