Menu

Would this be too much writing for a 9th soon to be 10th grader?

She writes very well. Creatively that is. Has not had much writing lessons as far as formal papers etc...

She flew thru Wordsmith this year.

I purchased Writing Strands Book 5, but it does not look like enough for her

Would adding in LLATL grey book along with WS be overkill, or is either one enough on it's own. I will probably be buying Wordsmith Craftsman in the Fall, or do you think I should return WS and have her do Wordsmith Craftsman along with LLATL, or all or none! I am so confused!

(Please do not recommend IEW)

I think LLATL one of the gold books and Wordsmith would probably work well together. They are both put out by common sense press and I think they are said to compliment each other. WS is only a semester program so ideally you could do it and LLATL.

Thanks for this idea!

So I will have her start with Writing Strands for the end of this year, (level 5) and in the Fall (10th grade) get her Wordsmith Craftsman and LLATl Gold. I was going to get the Gold series next year anyway.

Now I don't have to worry about returning Writing Strands. This way we can give a try for one sem. and if we like it use it again.

But I like the idea of using Wordsmith Craftsman along with LLATL gold!

thanks!