Menu

Hoo boy! Nuthin' like an emergency appendectomy....

to make me thankful for our "normal" days!! Just praising God that it was my child who is NEVER sick and not the one who always hams it up. I was actually joking with the doctor about homeschooling and how I could just envision the fall-out if he had appendicitis and I hadn't taken him to the doctor when she mouthed, "I think that's it!" (Gulp!)

Six hours have passed, and he is at the hospital recovering with his dad, and I am packing up the other kids to stay with friends for the night. Everything is fine, now, thankfully. (though we were supposed to go see Tim Hawkins tonight :glare:)

And thank goodness I wore make-up to the doctor's this morning! (Though I admit my son did wear his mud-encased tennis shoes....Can I still post here? LOL)

So glad he's doing well. And so glad you took him in. Dh got called in last night to do an emergency appendectomy only to discover it was ruptured and the poor young man had been in pain/ill for 7-8 days! He could have used a good mama to make him go in. Now he's a very, very sick fella.

Btdt.

Not sure about the make-up, but I thanked the L--d for the emergency room last weekend when dd came down with a nasty e-coli infection. These kinds of things show Western medicine at it's best.

Prayers for healing for your son -- I have vivid memories of my father telling the local doc that either he call the ambulance to take me to the hospital for an appendectomy or my father would do it for him; and that the next call would be to the ama to get him struck off. The doc called the ambulance and I lived to tell the tale.

~Moira