Menu

Planning high school...

Lots of people are beginning to plan high school so I thought I would repost this thread, in case it helps someone not to panic and to remember that high school is hard work, but it doesn't have to be all drudgery; you can still cut out snowflakes.

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3487&highlight=normal

-Nan

PS - The older one in this thread is now a freshman at a state college. He took chemistry, pre-calc, composition, speech, drawing, and basic computers at the community college and he had an ungraded, undated transcript from me. I am very happy we did things the way we did. It worked out fine. Now I just have to figure out how to deal with the youngest GRIN.

Edited by Nan in Mass

The statement that really hit home for me is this one: Don't panic if your 8th grader isn't ready for college right now. Four years is a long time. Think back to what they were like when they were in 4th grade. They don't stop growing just because they are in high school.

That really helps me. Four years IS a long time even though I know the years will fly by!

Thanks Nan for the encouragement.