Menu

BF geography

MSNative

I cannot remember who mentioned it on the board but Thank You! My kids love this curriculum. They can't wait to do geography and want to fly through the lessons. They are actually retaining the info and can't wait to tell dad what they learned when he comes home. Added bonus - they are taking incredible care to color and label the maps neatly because they want to frame them.

(My boys never want to be super neat when coloring. Normally all of our maps have doodles of battles all over the edges)

Thank you Hive for a great recommendation and a boost that my homeschool needed!

BF is Beautiful Feet. It is a literature based geography curriculum. I'm using it with two boys 8 and 9 and that is a fairly appropriate age group. Basically you read part of a book and then answer questions about it. You also label and color in maps. (I haven't seen the smaller ones, but would love to find them)

From just the first few lessons, we have learned why birds fly in a V formation (and why military aircraft do, but don't get all the benefits that birds do), how sawmills work, what the largest and the longest rivers in the world are, why deer shed their antlers, etc.

I'm not doing a great job describing, so here are two links. The first is a sample of the study guide. The second is a link to the product.

http://www.bfbooks.com/s.nl/it.I/id.10/.f

http://www.bfbooks.com/s.nl/it.A/id.283/.f?sc=2&category=2

We are doing about three lessons a week without any problem. I think it depends on how much you want to do and require. You could def. do one a day. However, if your rising 2 year old is anything like my two year old, you may want to schedule just three a week to allow for um.....disruptions. :) I'm scheduling one book for a three lessons a week and then scheduling a week off between books. That week is my toddler cushion.

We are doing about three lessons a week without any problem. I think it depends on how much you want to do and require. You could def. do one a day. However, if your rising 2 year old is anything like my two year old, you may want to schedule just three a week to allow for um.....disruptions. :) I'm scheduling one book for a three lessons a week and then scheduling a week off between books. That week is my toddler cushion.

Oh good. Then planning one lesson per week should work :D Thanks!

Yes, my 1 year old does cause disruptions! :lol: