Menu

Oops...

I am now done gathering all of our receipts so that we can get our taxes done......and I added up how much I spent on curriculum/books last year.....I don't know how this happened--I spent a little over $1,900. ??!!!! :confused::confused: WHAT???!!! My guesstimate before adding it up was around $600-700--I think I was a little off.:001_huh: This does not count field trips, memberships, etc...

I thought I was doing such a great job purchasing used curriculum and going to the library a LOT to avoid having to buy too many books. Wow! I cannot believe how my buying a little bit here and a little bit there added up! I will have to keep a better eye on my compulsive curriculum spending this year! ;)

I think I will have to keep a running total from now on!!

Yes, mustaches seem to run in the family lately.....my hairdresser was waxing my eyebrows the other day and she asked me, "do you want me to do your mustache too?" :001_huh::001_huh: I almost didn't tip her.:glare: LOL! First, grey hairs sticking straight out of my head--then eyebrows that think they need to grow down the sides of my face and now a mustache....TMI I know--sorry! I just feel too young to have these strange things happening!!:D

can homeschool supplies/books be a write-off or something? I keep track for budgeting purposes but I never thought about it in regards to taxes...

In Minnesota, there is an "Education Subtraction and Credit"--I don't understand it at all--I just gather up all of our receipts and give to our tax guy and he figures it all out. Sorry I am not any help!

In Minnesota, there is an "Education Subtraction and Credit"--I don't understand it at all--I just gather up all of our receipts and give to our tax guy and he figures it all out. Sorry I am not any help!

It does help! I can give that info to our tax gal and see what she thinks :) though it may not count yet since we are not registered (not "of age" yet)

I honestly don't know that I spent that amount in the entire time I have been homeschooling. What the heck are you buying?

Whatever do you use??? My budget for one year is $2000!!! A lump sum of $800 then $100/mo (which also goes for sports, field trips, extra classes, birthday gifts, etc.). This year we are doing less than that because we must...but I really want to know what you use!!!!! Even buying the cheapest materials I can find the cheapest I could do it would be about $300 for one student!

Yes, mustaches seem to run in the family lately.....my hairdresser was waxing my eyebrows the other day and she asked me, "do you want me to do your mustache too?" :001_huh::001_huh: I almost didn't tip her.:glare: LOL! First, grey hairs sticking straight out of my head--then eyebrows that think they need to grow down the sides of my face and now a mustache....TMI I know--sorry! I just feel too young to have these strange things happening!!:D

This is soo funny, I literally laughed out loud. I'm glad I'm not the only one that suffers from that pesky upper lip problem. :lol: So did you let her wax it???

I am now done gathering all of our receipts so that we can get our taxes done......and I added up how much I spent on curriculum/books last year.....I don't know how this happened--I spent a little over $1,900. ??!!!! :confused::confused: WHAT???!!! My guesstimate before adding it up was around $600-700--I think I was a little off.:001_huh: This does not count field trips, memberships, etc...

I thought I was doing such a great job purchasing used curriculum and going to the library a LOT to avoid having to buy too many books. Wow! I cannot believe how my buying a little bit here and a little bit there added up! I will have to keep a better eye on my compulsive curriculum spending this year! ;)

Would you like to take a look at tall of the used books I am going to be listing ? I know you like books. :lol::lol::lol:

This is soo funny, I literally laughed out loud. I'm glad I'm not the only one that suffers from that pesky upper lip problem. :lol: So did you let her wax it???

No way! I will be in denial for a looonnnnggg time before I allow anyone to touch the 'stache'! LOLOL :D

Whatever do you use??? My budget for one year is $2000!!! A lump sum of $800 then $100/mo (which also goes for sports, field trips, extra classes, birthday gifts, etc.). This year we are doing less than that because we must...but I really want to know what you use!!!!! Even buying the cheapest materials I can find the cheapest I could do it would be about $300 for one student!

I think the only expensive things that I bought new were upper level math programs and science equipment. I did spend a bit on Galore Park items. Most textbooks were bought used and many of the workbooks I used were pretty cheap. I was also able to reuse many things like history, science, Latin and grammar texts. I got a lot of good deals at Sam's and Costco and then library sales. And then most of my library is books I would own anyhow so I don't really count them as curriculum. If I did, well then the total would be drastically higher.

I think the only expensive things that I bought new were upper level math programs and science equipment. I did spend a bit on Galore Park items. Most textbooks were bought used and many of the workbooks I used were pretty cheap. I was also able to reuse many things like history, science, Latin and grammar texts. I got a lot of good deals at Sam's and Costco and then library sales. And then most of my library is books I would own anyhow so I don't really count them as curriculum. If I did, well then the total would be drastically higher.

Ahhh...our total curriculum doesn't cost much, but I count all the books and stuff that will end up on our permanent bookshelves or permanently part of our life. I think last year's total for the stuff you mention was about $500 and that was partially because I switched out some stuff in the middle.