Menu

LOST tonight! I still have a question...

THis is probably better posted on the LOST group, but IDK if anyone is chatting there.

I was looking at an unofficial timeline of LOST and realized the Dharma purge took place way before Juliet got there. I knew the Hostiles were not Dharma, but did they just assume the identity of Dharma then? What was once a Hippy-dippy commune that studied interesting phenonmenon became something else when the Hostiles took over? REcall that Juliet was recruited BY DHARMA.

I don't get it.

Or maybe I do.

Help!

:lol:

I'm a huge Lost fan and have watched everything and read as much as I can about it... and still my head is spinning!

Here's my take on the timeline re. your question. Juliet was recruited by Dharma, yes, but not the original group, which Ben killed off. Juliet was recruited by the reincarnation of Dharma, headed by Ben, and staffed by the people he hired himself and brought in. Cf. Mikhail et al.

Yes?

I'm a huge Lost fan and have watched everything and read as much as I can about it... and still my head is spinning!

Here's my take on the timeline re. your question. Juliet was recruited by Dharma, yes, but not the original group, which Ben killed off. Juliet was recruited by the reincarnation of Dharma, headed by Ben, and staffed by the people he hired himself and brought in. Cf. Mikhail et al.

Yes?

That's my understanding.

Dh told me today he didn't want to get into Lost because if they had left the island why was there still a show.

I told him they went back and some went back in time. He just shook his head and said he didn't want to know.

I've already called him, reminded him I love him, but at 7pm cst I am disappearing to the bedroom to get LOST. He laughed at me. :lol::lol:

THis is probably better posted on the LOST group, but IDK if anyone is chatting there.

I was looking at an unofficial timeline of LOST and realized the Dharma purge took place way before Juliet got there. I knew the Hostiles were not Dharma, but did they just assume the identity of Dharma then? What was once a Hippy-dippy commune that studied interesting phenonmenon became something else when the Hostiles took over? REcall that Juliet was recruited BY DHARMA.

I don't get it.

Or maybe I do.

Help!

:lol:

Juliet was recruited by Richard Alpert and Ethan, both theoretically working for an organization known as Mittelos Bioscience. By that time, the Purge had long since taken place and the Hostiles, under Ben Linus' leadership, had moved into Dharmaville/New Otherton and had taken over the buildings and grounds.

Hope that helps!!

Juliet was recruited by Richard Alpert and Ethan, both theoretically working for an organization known as Mittelos Bioscience. By that time, the Purge had long since taken place and the Hostiles, under Ben Linus' leadership, had moved into Dharmaville/New Otherton and had taken over the buildings and grounds.

Hope that helps!!

Yep - what she said - it wasn't actually Dharma.

Dh told me today he didn't want to get into Lost because if they had left the island why was there still a show.

I told him they went back and some went back in time. He just shook his head and said he didn't want to know.

I've already called him, reminded him I love him, but at 7pm cst I am disappearing to the bedroom to get LOST. He laughed at me. :lol::lol:

LOL, my dh is similar. He refused to watch it and says it's just a soap opera. How he thinks this without even watching it, I don't know. I WISH he watched and loved it like me. Me to him: I've got the big tv tonight, so you'll have to do something else somewhere else. :) Nice, eh?