Menu

Best place to buy a KitchenAid?

I have had a KitchenAid that I've had and used for years now. It was my parents from when they were married (now divorced) and about 10 years ago my mom gave it to me because she was done cooking. Well, she's being a little mean and spiteful and has asked for it back. (We are NOT close.) So back to her it went.

Needless to say I'm in the market for a new KitchenAid. I'd like one that was purple-ish because that would look lovely in my kitchen. (My kitchen is painted to match my old KitchenAid because it was so well loved and used all the time and the only thing that was allowed on the counter.) I've looked at Bed Bath and Beyond but the only seem to stock a few colors in the store. What's the best place for lots of color options and price? I'm happy to order off the internet or go to an actual store.

Thanks.

I should say up front that I'm an advocate for buying the most powerful KA you can afford, rather than buying according to color; while the Artisan model is great (and it does come in a pretty eggplant color called boysenberry), I think you might outgrow it quickly (it is 325 watts versus 475 as noted below; bowl capacity is the same, though: 5 qt).

I think one of the better places is Costco -- but they aren't going to have a purplish-one there...HOWEVER, you will get the amazingly powerful 475 watt, bowl-lift model there. I think this model might be made specifically for Costco, because they don't have it on the KA website (at least I can't find it). It comes with some extras and the burnished dough hook and flat beater. They do have a beautiful silver color that would probably work in a purple color scheme.

Sorry about the circumstances of needing one :( I hope you find what you want!

I just bought a new KA, I ended up going with the PRO 5 Plus instead of the artisan even though there weren't as many colors, but to answer your question I found the best prices for them on Amazon or www.everythingkitchens.com

:iagree: amazon.com There's a rebate, free shipping, plus the prices is lower than the website. Fewer colors to choose from, but worth a look.

I just bought the 6qt. pro in black.

Oh my. I think I'm going to get the professional one in licorice. Wow. That looks like one powerful beast. I can't wait to make some bread and cakes in that baby! The prices on amazon are really amazing. I can get the professional one in the licorice for about $30 more than an artisan one, once you add in rebates. That's so cool!

Oh my. I think I'm going to get the professional one in licorice. Wow. That looks like one powerful beast. I can't wait to make some bread and cakes in that baby! The prices on amazon are really amazing. I can get the professional one in the licorice for about $30 more than an artisan one, once you add in rebates. That's so cool!

:D the 6 qt. is a lovely beast. I got the black onyx. I think they changed the sale's price on amazon because the price I paid for the black onyx is now higher than last week.

Edited by CalicoKat

We got ours off of Amazon a few years ago right before Christmas. We got the 6qt. professional one for a LOT less than what we could have walked into any store and gotten the Artisan. Things to keep in mind: no tax, free shipping, rebates if they have them right now. Oh, and we signed up for their Visa card b/c it got another $30 off of the mixer.

I hope you love your new mixer! I can't imagine life without mine!!

I should say up front that I'm an advocate for buying the most powerful KA you can afford, rather than buying according to color; while the Artisan model is great (and it does come in a pretty eggplant color called boysenberry), I think you might outgrow it quickly (it is 325 watts versus 475 as noted below; bowl capacity is the same, though: 5 qt).

I got my Artisan from Amazon--on sale, free shipping & $30 rebate. It's more powerful than my last stand mixer, which was a Sunbeam. I think when I get my next one (no idea when that would be), I'll go for more power.

I am not going to compare prices with anothe rwebsite, but before you go ahead and place an order, check out kohls.

I got incredible deals on KA back in October.

Right now the Pro 600 is 399.99

then you get a 40.00 rebate.

Kohls just sent me a flyer with a 30 percent coupon. You can use it online using this code:

kctake30 between 10-17 of february. 30 percent of 400.00 would be 120.00 off........

Yes, you do have to have a Kohl's charge to use the code.

bottom line would be 240.00 for the pro at Kohls. They have free shipping, but you have to pay a surcharge because of the weight..I think it was 7.50 or something.

Guest mom2blu

I'd honestly recommend getting a Bosch instead. FAR more power for not much more money. It has twice as much power as the standard levels of Kitchenaid. I have a kitchenaid, and am really starting to hate it, I'm saving to replace it with a Bosch.

So I was curious about these mixers & googled them.

whoa :eek:

Don't get me wrong ~ I'm sure they're lovely machines...but are they worth THAT MUCH MONEY? :001_huh:

YES MA'AM. I use mine 5 times a week, and have had it for 14 years. They are a lifetime purchase, especially if you buy a large capacity, high powered machine. I don't know what the Canadian dollar translates to these days, but I say they are worth every penny.

YES MA'AM. I use mine 5 times a week, and have had it for 14 years. They are a lifetime purchase, especially if you buy a large capacity, high powered machine. I don't know what the Canadian dollar translates to these days, but I say they are worth every penny.

:iagree:

DH has said that if ours ever breaks down that we will not even hesitate to buy a replacement. He likes it, too. Sears prices, from the link you provided, certainly seemed inflated. We didn't pay anywhere near that much.

I have the KA Professional I got from Kohls a few years ago. It is super powerful and I have a few attachments including the meat grinder. In the colder months it sits on the counter b/c of the frequency I make banana bread, cookies, mashed potatoes......winter stuff. I got a ridiculous deal on it but haven't seen it that price since. LOVE IT!!!

• 4 years later...

Wait for a sale at Kohls during a Kohls Cash earning period. Then, use a 30% off coupon on top of that. Even better, do all that, but also order in online through a cash back portal like eBates or Fat Wallet for a percentage cash back. What would be even more awesome would be if there is a rebate too. Oh, don't forget to sign up for a Kohls rewards card and be sure to use it. :)

ETA: Oops...ignore me. You've probably already gotten one by now.

I bought a refurbed Pro model on Amazon about 5 years for a $100.  No choice on color, it was white.  But then it was $100.  It is working great.  Only thing, I don't like the drop bowl that you get with the pro.  I learned on my parents tilt-head KA.  

Sorry, I didn't see that this was a really old thread.  In my defense it had already been resurrected.  

I bought mine refurbished on Amazon, but if I were to buy again, I'd probably buy it at Costco…just because I love their return policy in case of problems.

I've had no problems with my refurbished model, though.  Works great. :)

Well, since the thread is revived...what did you get? :)

I got the red one with the glass bowl.  There was a coupon for Williams Sonoma so we bought it there.  It still works great.