Menu

MCT...yes another ??

Mynyel

I am using LLATL for my two. They love it and can't wait to do more. However I keep hearing the rave reviews about MCT and wondering, pondering and looking.

Can these two programs be used together...perhaps on rotation? Has anyone gone from LLATL to MCT..if so what is the difference?

I have been to the website and looked, it looks good but...well I can't really tell!

Thank you!

:grouphug::grouphug:

Edited by Mynyel

• 3 weeks later...

If they love what you're doing, and want to do more.. then you should be happy that you found something that is working. :D

I love love love MCT, but I also never found anything that really clicked.

You should switch ONLY if what you are doing now STOPS being something they love and becomes a chore.

So I would say, to stick with LLATL.

Now that it is the next day I would like to add....

I think that anyone can do MCT at any time. I am not a believer in keeping different programs separate. Most LA curric. will get the job done, but if you think that LAs are VERY important, having more than one angle to approach it from is not a bad situation. I know that I am weird, but I have no qualms with having 3+ math things I am doing. I use Singapore (core), Life of Fred (for fun and levity), Penrose the Mathmatical Cat for big, odd ball concepts, key to books for a specific skill set practice... you get the idea. Some people would think that is nuts. I don't have a problem with it at all. ;)

Considering that I am such a spazz in the math department, you would think that I would have as many LA programs. I don't. I use MCT and try to get my kids to write more in other subjects (or do a Bravewriter type exercise) and do editor in chief. That is because I can't stand most LA programs. MCT is "just right" for us.

If you would want to pick up MCT, you should, and I don't even think it would matter too much as it is so different from everything else. But again, if you are happy with LLATL, you shouldn't be tempted. MCT will always be there if you want it.

My 9 year old son, who is looking over my shoulder wanted me to put these dudes here....:willy_nilly::glare::chillpill::banghead:

If they love what you're doing, and want to do more.. then you should be happy that you found something that is working. :D

I love love love MCT, but I also never found anything that really clicked.

You should switch ONLY if what you are doing now STOPS being something they love and becomes a chore.

So I would say, to stick with LLATL.

:iagree: We have just switched, but we'd been bogged down in CW Homer A for ages. Harvey's grammar was not my dds favourite.:D They're begging me every day to PLEASE do more MCT, but I expect that won't last too long and soon it'll just be normal and fine (not a drag though, hopefully).