Menu

If you've tried Lost Tools of Writing and didn't like it...please share your thoughts

I've seen the pros and some of the cons (Karenciavo's past posts on LTOW have been helpful but I'm looking for more :001_smile:). I am considering LTOW for dd10 next year (6th grade). I've read everything I can find on it and it seems like my best option. I am looking for a progym program but am not interested in CW or CC at this point. We've done Writing Tales 1 and 2.

I've been to the website, studied the samples and still feel a little unclear. I wish I could see it in person. I am not looking for an independent program for dd...BUT if LTOW is very, very teacher-dependent it will probably not be a good fit. My ds8 has significant special needs and truly needs me at his side for all school work.

Right now we are following WTM writing recommendations for 5th grade. If I don't use LTOW I will most likely hold off and follow WTM progym recs for high school. Dd has solid writing skills but I feel like we are lacking structure and a plan...and I dislike thinking of topics for writing :tongue_smilie:. I guess I'd like more handholding.

Thanks,

Carolyn

I debated with myself on whether or not I should post because I don't have anything negative to say about LT. I did not spend a lot of time on a daily basis, but the Q and A process between student and teacher is central to how this curriculum works so it might not be the best fit for your situation.

Have you looked at Writing Strands?