Menu

Book recommendations for adolescence?

My 9-year-old is starting to ask a lot of questions about adolescence and what it will be like. I know some of the questions will be up to me to answer in my own way ("So what age is it appropriate to have sex?"), but can anyone help me here with book recommendations? I was never a boy, so I don't really know what happens in puberty!

He is starting to experience some hormonal shifts, so this is not premature. He is now showering almost every day, because he gets stinkier now.

I am open to Christian books as well, as long as they "keep it real." I would prefer secular, but I know many of your favorites will be Christian and don't want to miss good ones. He is a Christian, I'm Buddhist. We don't believe that teenagers should be sexually active, so it's OK if the book recommends against that kind of thing. :)

Thanks in advance.

Julie

My 9-year-old is starting to ask a lot of questions about adolescence and what it will be like. I know some of the questions will be up to me to answer in my own way ("So what age is it appropriate to have sex?"), but can anyone help me here with book recommendations? I was never a boy, so I don't really know what happens in puberty!

He is starting to experience some hormonal shifts, so this is not premature. He is now showering almost every day, because he gets stinkier now.

I am open to Christian books as well, as long as they "keep it real." I would prefer secular, but I know many of your favorites will be Christian and don't want to miss good ones. He is a Christian, I'm Buddhist. We don't believe that teenagers should be sexually active, so it's OK if the book recommends against that kind of thing. :)

Thanks in advance.

Julie

Growing Up published by Usborne