Menu

AOP LifePacs for highschool?

I may have to go back to work, but want my kids to still be homeschooled.

Can you tell me anything about LifePacs?

How are they, do they get the job done? I have read many negative things about them, but i'd like to hear from anyone who they have worked for and those who have not liked them.

I have looked at ACE, but it is not for us...

I may have to go back to work, but want my kids to still be homeschooled.

Can you tell me anything about LifePacs?

How are they, do they get the job done? I have read many negative things about them, but i'd like to hear from anyone who they have worked for and those who have not liked them.

I have looked at ACE, but it is not for us...

I tried using them for my oldest several years ago when I was running a daycare. Granted, he wasn't in high school. They were not rich, soon became boring and I felt like I "lost" him academically for a whle.

I do, however, think they can be used for some subject but not *all* subjects.

I'm a homeschooling mom who makes some income supervising or teaching other "homeschooling" students. Is finding one of those, or becoming one for your income an option for you?

I tried using them for my oldest several years ago when I was running a daycare. Granted, he wasn't in high school. They were not rich, soon became boring and I felt like I "lost" him academically for a whle.

I do, however, think they can be used for some subject but not *all* subjects.

I'm a homeschooling mom who makes some income supervising or teaching other "homeschooling" students. Is finding one of those, or becoming one for your income an option for you?

unfortunately not...we don't know of any other homeschoolers in our area...

I agree with Joanne, I would not use them for every subject. We tried them out for one subject in grade 4, and dropped it after a month. There is just not enough interaction for grade 4, and it's easy to see how they become way too monotonous and boring for any grade, any subject.

There are several different programs out there that may work, but I bet a mish-mash would go over great. It would add variety. What is the weakest subject? You could choose whatever meets their need in that subject and teach it evenings and/or weekends. Other subjects could range from online classes to computer CD Rom courses, or just your fave programs but done independantly with you checking answers several times a week. Honestly, my dd is in grade 5 and I was just out of town for 2 weeks. She, at the age of 10, was more than capable of working independantly.

What are you using now, what do you love? I bet it's tweakable to be independant with you checking regularly. ;)