Menu

Humor me here; who has a dc that LOVES vacuums? :)

Moose is borderline obsessed with vacuums. Has been since he was, oh, just around when he turned two, I think.

He has a toy vacuum. I have made him a small photo album book with pictures of vacuums; both that we have cut out from ads, and actual photos of Moose with various vacuums.

For this past Christmas, my in-laws got him his own real hand vac, that has a long handle that you can attach that makes it look like a 'big' vacuum. He's *loving it. That was his 'toy' they got him. He was the happiest grandchild there on Christmas Day. Seriously. He wouldn't put the thing down.

Every Sunday when the paper comes, he has daddy look through the ads and give him all the vacuums. He talks about vacuums, takes a turn with my vacuum when I use it, helps daddy use his shop vac. He knows different brand names of vacuums, and asks me to take him to see the vacuums whenever we go to the store.

We really thought it would be a passing phase, but it looks like vacuum love is here to stay in our home. :tongue_smilie:

Anyone else have a vacuum loving kid? :001_smile:

Ds loved vacuums too. When he was really little (around 2), he would ride on the vacuum when I used it. Grandparents got him a "Dustbuster" around 4 too. He loved it. He used it all the time. (Fortunately, it had to recharge occasionally!)

Sadly, at 18, he is not at all interested in vacuums.:glare:

HA! I was wondering at what age vacuuming would become less fun.

Yes, thank goodness the dustbuster has to recharge. He's using it as we speak. My breezeway is always clean now, but I get tired of listening to that thing. :D

My DS loved vacuums too, and so did my cousin. My cousins's mom actually had a birthday cake made with a picture of a vacuum on it one year. What a great mom she was!

Oh. My. Goodness.

Seriously, why didn't I think of this!

Moose would LOVE it! Now I'm envisioning a cake SHAPED like a vacuum...

Good thing his birthday isn't until November, I think I'll need that long to figure out how to make a vacuum shaped cake. :D

Dear Lord, my 2 years old has been obsessed with our vacuum since he was 10 months old. In fact I have a video of him at 15 months trying so hard to pick it up and push it, it caused him to become deep red and break out in a sweat. It was hilarious to watch. He gets mad at me every time I put it up in the closet. I have purchased the play ones for him, but nothing compares in his eyes to the big "vroom vroom". He also loves to help me put the laundry from the washer into the dryer and sweep the floors. I hope this cleanliness sticks with him. :lol: He thanks me when I pick up his room or wipe off his "place" at the kitchen table.

Here's the video of him vacuuming: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lbSDay2b3k

My youngest LOVES the vacuum. It started around age 1. For his 2nd birthday I bought him a toy vacuum. He gets excited every time I run the vacuum. He will even remind me to vacuum after dinner every night.

At Grandma's house he runs to the closet where she keeps the vacuum and tries to get the vacuum out.

This sounds just like my son - well, about 10 years ago. :D

He was obsessed with vaccuums, brooms, mops, etc.... but mostly vaccuums. He had several toy vaccuums, but eventually my mother bought him his own real vaccuum. It was really light-weight and you could take it apart and just use it as a hand-held. He loved it.

Around that time, I was still a fast-food manager; and anytime that he had to come to work with me for a few minutes, he would be found trying to sweep or mop the lobby. :tongue_smilie:

Moose is borderline obsessed with vacuums. Has been since he was, oh, just around when he turned two, I think.

He has a toy vacuum. I have made him a small photo album book with pictures of vacuums; both that we have cut out from ads, and actual photos of Moose with various vacuums.

For this past Christmas, my in-laws got him his own real hand vac, that has a long handle that you can attach that makes it look like a 'big' vacuum. He's *loving it. That was his 'toy' they got him. He was the happiest grandchild there on Christmas Day. Seriously. He wouldn't put the thing down.

Every Sunday when the paper comes, he has daddy look through the ads and give him all the vacuums. He talks about vacuums, takes a turn with my vacuum when I use it, helps daddy use his shop vac. He knows different brand names of vacuums, and asks me to take him to see the vacuums whenever we go to the store.

We really thought it would be a passing phase, but it looks like vacuum love is here to stay in our home. :tongue_smilie:

Anyone else have a vacuum loving kid? :001_smile:

My friends have an 8 year old son who is fascinated with cleaning, garbage hauling/garbage trucks, etc. He spent the past three years saving his money so he could buy a Dyson vaccuum cleaner! He just got it. :)

My youngest son spent at least 30 minutes a day vacuuming the kitchen floor with a dirt Devil rechargable one from about 1.5- 2.5. After he wore that one out, we bought him a toy one that only lasted for a few months, so I bought him another real one.

The interesting thing is that my son is facinated by the Dyson vacuums. He drools all over the yellow one everytime we go to Target and begs me to buy it. :tongue_smilie: I don't know how he knows that they are top of the line!

I took him to a vacuum store once, while buying a part. It was the most excited I have ever seen him! :001_huh: I am picturing cars in the future. ;)

My almost 7yo ds was and is the same way. His favorite part of every store is the vacuum aisle! He goes right for it even today! He always loved to help vacuum as a toddler and it is still his favorite chore. Now, my ds19mos. loves to vacuum, too. In fact, he gets VERY frustrated when we won't let him vacuum. Too funny.