Menu

ideal math program 6th-8th

HollyDay

A few weeks ago, I got the 7th edition of Lial's BCM and the student solution manual off of Amazon used for about $10 total. I agree that it starts at square one (whole numbers) and builds off that. I have not used it but it looks pretty user friendly. I originally looked at the Pearson website for ISBN #'s. The 7th edition is not the newest but I figured it is new enough.

Holly, I have found CLE to be great for what you are wanting. I like that it has plenty of DAILY review, but not annoying review like Saxon, nor tediously incremental teaching like Saxon. It's also not expensive.

I've not used Lial's but it does seem to get rave reviews from most of the Hive. But I have not seen in the online samples that it contains much review. :confused: Perhaps it's just not shown in the sample? Well, I do know that I really like the CLE review. It's just the right amount to keep my ds on his toes and he has yet to complain about math this year. ;)