Menu

Did anyone go to Busch Gardens Williamsburg last fall?

We're planning on going in a couple weeks. As I was poking around the website, I saw 2 things that interest me - parking pass and dining voucher. The parking pass is $9 but is there reason to get one ahead of time? It says we can save money buying ahead, but how much?

Then the dining voucher:

Platinum - entree, 2 sides/dessert, drink for ~$15

Gold - entree, side/dessert, drink for ~$13

Silver - entree, drink for ~$11

Are these good prices? Will I actually save money if we buy these ahead of time?

I haven't gone there, but I do have a comment on the dining voucher (actually a question/comment). If prices are comparable to what they are around here the voucher looks like a good deal for adults (all 3 of them- depending on how much you eat). But I'd stop and think of which of your kids eats a full adult-size meal and only buy it for them. Could you get kid's menu rates for the younger kids?

at Disney World. DD was 8 or 9 last time we went on the dining plan So of course she was a kid price. But she was a big eater and wanted an adult meal at one place. Even though they were our "points" they wouldn't let us get an adult meal for her against our points. Now ds is usually full with a kid meal but I don't want to have him have to get a kid meal, you know?

The parking pass would save $1-3 based on what we paid last fall. The difference might be that you would get better parking. They have two "at the gate" parking rates. One for the premium lot closer to the park and one for the multitude of other lots that are further away. There are trams from each lot to the gate but I'm sure there are advantages to being closer and if the $9 is for the premium lot it probably saves you even more than mentioned above.

Sorry, I don't remember the cost of meals. I'm sure it varies by restaurant. DH thinks that adults were apx $15 ea. for a meal and drink. My personal favorites are the Smoke House in New France and the place in the Irish section. On the up side, the food is more expensive but some of it is actually quite good-not just the sliders and hot dogs that you get at some parks. One tip-if your family is the sort that needs frequent drink refills they do have a deal where you buy a more expensive souvenir cup and then at stands around the park the refills cost less. There is an information stand on the right just as you get through the security check point that has maps and much of that info.

Have a great time!

Guest Virginia Dawn

If you do this, go for the gold or silver. Even so it is a lot of food. Depending on the age and appetite of your kids they may get buy with splitting a meal. We like to eat at the smokehouse.

Look into Home Educator Days which happens twice yearly. We went that week, unknowingly, and ended up paying $5/ person for Williamsburg including the Governors Palace instead of $40/adult and $20-something/kid!

We did spend $41 on lunch for five of us if that helps with your decision for the vouchers.

I thing parking was around $10 but I can't remember for sure!

Make sure you hear Patrick Henry!