Menu

My dh has an interview tomorrow for his dream job.

He's almost certain to get the job temporarily and as long as he performs well will get the job permanently in March or so. This would pay more than he makes now, and when permanent would have benefits, vacation pay, etc.

As for the dream part, where would any die-hard NASCAR fan want to work?;)

:auto:

He's almost certain to get the job temporarily and as long as he performs well will get the job permanently in March or so. This would pay more than he makes now, and when permanent would have benefits, vacation pay, etc.

As for the dream part, where would any die-hard NASCAR fan want to work?;)

:auto:

Daytona Speedway? I lived in Daytona Beach years ago -- I worked at Embry-Riddle. I have an aunt and uncle who live there now (they retired there) and my uncle is a HUGE NASCAR fan and he works at the speedway during race week in February.

Pls let us know hot turns out for your dh.

I think I can guess! :D Dh worked for Kansas Speedway for a time as a carpenter. We got a behind the scenes tour when we went to Daytona, not during race time, it was cool.

Daytona Speedway? I lived in Daytona Beach years ago -- I worked at Embry-Riddle. I have an aunt and uncle who live there now (they retired there) and my uncle is a HUGE NASCAR fan and he works at the speedway during race week in February.

Pls let us know hot turns out for your dh.

The Daytona Speedway?? Congrats to your DH, I bet he's thrilled!

DING DING DING DING You guys get the prize! He has an interview in Track Operations. The job will entail operating heavy equipment and a bunch of other stuff that we don't know much about yet. It is the PERFECT job for him and all I can do is hope!

Keep praying and sending positive thoughts - he is a nervous wreck about it! He is afraid to get his hopes up because, well, everytime he does something seems to go wrong. We're a little gun shy these days, KWIM?

The interview is at 1pm, but he has to go get his FL Driver's License first. We hope that goes as smoothly for him as it has for us. Today will be a little nuts (he has to work tonight and a double tomorrow at his current job.) He just hopes they don't have to have him tomorrow as it would make life very difficult at his current job (for the other guys in the kitchen.)

Here's hoping!:D

THAT is simply fantastic! That would be my dh dream job!

My dc are so happy!:lol: We went with dh (not inside - we stayed out in the van.) I rolled the windows down and you could hear the cars roaring on the track (testing - the Rolex 24 is next weekend.) My 3yo leans out of the window and yells, "Go Junior, Go!:lol:

And he got the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:party:

He starts Tuesday for 6-7 weeks of 80 hour weeks! If he does well, then there should be a permanent job with benefits.

Yippee!!:DThat's SO great! Congrats to him! I am so happy for you guys!:D