Menu

Abbreviation Sticky

• 1 month later...

Your Mileage May Vary :)

And what does that have to do with homeschooling in general? I always saw that meaining but assumed there was a different one that seemed more relevant to homeschool posts! I get it now... meaning it could be different for you...

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

And what does that have to do with homeschooling in general? I always saw that meaining but assumed there was a different one that seemed more relevant to homeschool posts! I get it now... meaning it could be different for you...

It means, "My experience was this, but yours might be different." :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

you might want to add CC -in subject line = Christian Content :)

CC is a tough one!  Christian Content, Common Core, Classical Conversations, seems like I'm missing another pretty common 'CC', too.  Whew!   At home, we also subscribe to Classical Composers, but don't think that is a common abbreviation here. :)   

• 1 month later...

It would start with just DD and DS ... and then DH and LOL ... and BTW and HTH ... and where to stop? So I stick with schooling abbreviations that would not generally be found on general abbreviation lists. I did add a note to the Comuter Internet Chat link to indicate that it probably has the most relevant general abbreviations. Unfortunately, it also has annoying ads (video that starts streaming).

OTH (on the other hand), maybe it is time for me to change my policy. If someone would like to pull together a list of general abbreviations that tend to be used on these forums, I'll create either a new page or maybe just another table below the homeschool abbreviations. That streaming video really annoys me.

This link above worked for me.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Someone should add BkSk for Bookshark. You know, so that no one just uses the first letter of Book + Shark. ;) Of course, just because an abbreviation is in other usage doesn't stop everyone. Virginia still named their state tests the SOL's because... presumably they didn't think to hire someone to double check if that stood for something else?

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...