Menu

Abbreviation Sticky

admin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest hoangtrang

Well, great work! You have helped me to improve my knowledge about this field. Thank you so much for sharing.

Edited by hoangtrang

Not sure if you got the CLE, but I have read it to mean Christian Light Education :001_smile:

I am looking around, what is the meaning of this Lurk smilie eating popcorn when posted alone? Does that mean to mark that you don't have a written response but wanted to mark that you read the thread?

:lurk5:

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Debbie, your site is wonderful. But I need help w/DVT. It's used in the context of Lial's BCM (Basic College Math). I'm assuming it's something like digital video teacher????

Thanks,

Laura

Thank you for the compliment! I hope that you have found the abbreviations list useful.

Googling around, DVT in connection with Lial seems to be "Digital Video Tutor". However, this term does not seem to be used on http://www.lialalgebra.com. Instead, that site seems to use "Interactive Math". I don't know if that's just a change in terminology (e.g. Lial used to use "DVT") or if it is two different things. I'll put Digital Video Tutor on my page for now ... let me know if you find something else.

Debbie

• 3 weeks later...
what is aspie and autie? is it autism and aspergers?

Based on googling, I think that you have figured them out correctly.

(Just fyi, in case you are wondering why I haven't added these to my abbreviations page, I avoid including abbreviations that can be found in general internet dictionaries.)

• 1 month later...

What is LHTH? And ALFG?

LHTH is "Little Hands to Heaven," published by "Heart of Dakota".

ALFG is "A Little Garden Flower," a Waldorf based curriculum.

LHTH was already on my page, and I have added ALFG. If anyone familiar with either of these would like to post a concise but more informative summary, I would be happy to add it!

See my Home School Abbreviations page for more abbreviations.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest wiliamjoan

I have not ever seen anything from the standard internet abbreviations that made sense. Maybe you could ask the next time that you see it used! What you say regard, If you find out, please post it here, and I will add it to my abbreviations page., Nice idea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've looked high and low, but cannot seem to find BFSU. Any ideas on this one?

And btw, this is kind of old, but s/o is short for "spin off". You know, like a tv show that generates yet another show with similar or some of the same characters?

Thanks so much for your help, Violet.

Blessings,

Lucinda

Building Foundations for Scientific Understanding :)

Drat! I was so proud of myself for finding it, and you beat me to the post! ;)

I've added it to my abbreviations page (link below).

"Building Foundations of Scientific Understanding," an elementary science curriculum developed by Bernie Nebel and published by Press for Learning. Free support is available at groups.yahoo.com/group/k5science and groups.yahoo.com/group/nebelselementaryeducation.

And btw, this is kind of old, but s/o is short for "spin off". You know, like a tv show that generates yet another show with similar or some of the same characters?

I forgot to mention in my other post that s/o was already on my abbreviations page. :D

Thanks so much for your help, Violet.

You are most welcome!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Well, since this post has resurfaced, I took a peek and didn't see "OM" (Oak Meadow) or "TT" (Teaching Textbooks) on the homeschool abbreviation list!

Oops, somehow I missed this when you posted it! I've added "OM", and "TT" was already there (I probably added after you posted this). It's hard for me to come up with a succinct description for a curriculum that I haven't used, so (as always) feel free to make a suggestion for a better description.

• 2 weeks later...
Still haven't figured out the W&M Utopia!

I have finally found it! :hurray:

It is the College of William & Mary's Center for Gifted Education! W&M = William & Mary. Apparently, the Center for Gifted Education has all kinds of courses and curriculum targeted at the gifted K-12 student, and Utopia is one of the middle school language arts programs.

I added W&M for William and Mary. Thanks!!

:party:

I have finally found it! :hurray:

It is the College of William & Mary's Center for Gifted Education! W&M = William & Mary. Apparently, the Center for Gifted Education has all kinds of courses and curriculum targeted at the gifted K-12 student, and Utopia is one of the middle school language arts programs.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi I am new here and I don't know what PR stands for, or what CWP means? Can you help me!?

PR was used in a thread about phonics and spelling.

CWP was used in a thread about singapore math.

Thanks!

PR is the Phonics Road (link in my siggy).

CWP is Challenging Word Problems, a supplemental part of Singapore Math. There is also IP Intensive Practice in the Singapore lineup.

PR is the Phonics Road (link in my siggy).

CWP is Challenging Word Problems, a supplemental part of Singapore Math. There is also IP Intensive Practice in the Singapore lineup.

I've added PR (Phonics Road), LR (Latin Road), CWP (Challenging Word Problems, and IP (Intensive Practice) with links to my webpage (see below).

Thanks!

SSL=Song School Latin

I've added this to my list (see link below). For some reason, I didn't get a notification email on your post (nor the previous post). If anyone posts an abbreviation here that is not on my webpage, and I don't respond within a week, please feel free to send me an email through my webpage.

BTW, I also added AiG & AIG, which I had noticed while scanning through the messages in this thread. As far as I am aware, the only abbreviation that has been posted that hasn't been decrypted is TOW. Please let me know if you know that one or if I have missed any others.

Thanks!