Menu

Anyone heard of Longwood U in Va? (Farmville)

Chris in VA

Several of my husband's family members have attended Longwood, as well as couple of my daughter's friends, one of my Scouts, several friends' kids...its in that 90 minute driving range that makes colleges far enough and close enough. Farmville is lovely, quaint, the town that Greenfront took over. Appamattox River Co. is there. (Furniture and canoeing/kayaking are why we go to Farmville.) I got a $4 parking ticket, that had to be paid within a couple hours, I think I remember.

My friend whose older kids went to UVA was very pleased for her less academically inclined yougest child to go there, and has been extremely pleased...she's a teacher and very observant.

I've heard that kids go for a visit and see the other students, walk the campus and just feel the right "fit" that you dream your kid will find.

Very well thought of academics, but not so rigorous and competitive you can't think straight. I can't recall very specific stuff, but just know that all the kids I know, have loved it, stayed all their college career there, couple transferred TO Longwood. Used to be all girls, but, like UMW, nobody remembers that so much. I'm in college search mode right now, so have heard of kids going down for visits and really just falling in love. I've never heard of anyone hating it, having a hard time....I have heard that from most other schools in our area, at least one or two horror stories. Really good prices if you are Va. res.

Hope this helps, I guess I was kinda vague, sorry, but I just only have heard good, good,

LBS