Menu

I am so completely uninspired and unmotivated to even think about next year...

DB in NJ

We're plugging away, trying to finish this year by July 1 (we start late due to a late vacation in September). The last thing I wanna do is even start thinking about what to use next.

It just seems like after 11 years, there's nothing new anymore. No great, new, you've-gotta-try-this type stuff.

Blah.

Anyone else??

Attending a homeschool convention helps me get excited for the next year. Between the speakers and the vendor hall, I find new enthusiasm for my homeschooling journey. I'm headed to the Cincinnati Convention next week, :auto: and boy, am I excited! :hurray:

Is attending a convention an option for you?

no motivation to finish out this year w/ History OR Science and looking forward to a fresh start. I feel as if this year was a big bust. Our first year away from the cyber and I knew there would be adjustments, but this year just wasn't anything like I imagined. I'm just looking forward to a fresh start, not being pregnant and miserable, new curriculum, new attitudes, new everything. If I could only decide on curriculum for next year already! Then, there's the NOVA conference in July so I KNOW I'll find the next latest and greatest program there, too. :glare: Hang in there...at least you really don't HAVE to plan anything for a few months. :)

:iagree: I agree with a previous poster - conferences seem to be exactly what I need to get excited.

Last year, I got to hear SWB speak, and it was awesome. My dh also came, thank goodness, because he was SOLD on classical education. I think he's awed by what our kids could become with this amazing education.

I'm already planning where I'm going to go this summer. I really want to hear Andrew Pudewa (IEW) or Steve Demme (MUS). We'll see who comes to Northern CA.

Danika

I always find Pudewa to be inspiring, too. I just heard him last month at a Classical Conversations/IEW three day practicum. According to his newsletter, he's going to be in Modesto July 25-26 and doing a TWSS seminar in Santa Rosa on Sept. 29-Oct. 2. You might want to check his website for details?

yvonne in ca

See, D, you have to come to ENOCH. We're planning a meet over at the TOG table.

How cool will that be?!?!?!

ENOCH is what? May 30-ish??? Off to the ENOCH website now....WOOOHOOOO!!!

This is *exactly* what I needed. Why didn't I think of this before????

Thanks guys :)

How cool will that be?!?!?!

ENOCH is what? May 30-ish??? Off to the ENOCH website now....WOOOHOOOO!!!

This is *exactly* what I needed. Why didn't I think of this before????

Thanks guys :)

Hope you can make it. :) Marcia Somerville is very inspirational.