Menu

Has anyone read their way through "Great Authors of the Western Literary Tradition"

by the Teaching Company? http://www.teach12.com/ttcx/CourseDescLong2.aspx?cid=2100

Instead of just watching the lectures, I thought I would read or listen on my ipod to as many of the essential works prior to watching that lecture.

Has anyone attempted this and if so did you get very far? At the outset it seems like a daunting task but doable over a period of time.

Would anyone like to join me? :001_smile: I've already watched to the first 8 lectures because I had already listened/read those works so I'm starting at lecture 9 with Sappho and Pindar.

:bigear:

How very linear of you!! My dh would do what you are doing and start and the beginning and work his way through. I'm the kind of person who is perfectly happy jumping around and forming the big picture in random order.

My ds and I watch the lectures for the works we are reading -- sometimes before we read them, sometimes after. We've watched one or two on works he isn't going to read this year, just to become familiar with the works and the reasons for their inclusion in the "canon".

It is a great series -- and each lecture can stand alone, so you don't have to watch them in order to benefit from them.