Menu

I am really confused about what to buy for Latin Prep 1

Karie

I was at the Book Depository website, and there are 2 Latin Prep books-one is revised, so i assume I want that, correct? Then there is a LP book answer key, and a LP book A and B answer key. do I want both? Also, there was a LP workbook B, but no A(but there was a workbook that didn't have A or B on it-would that be considered A?)

Please help me figure this out. Also, what's the exchange rate for pounds vs. dollars so I can see what this will cost me in American money.

Thanks!

You would definitely need:

Latin Prep student book (2nd edition)

Latin Prep teacher's book (2nd edition)

If you choose to use the workbooks (I like them for extra practice and reinforcement), then you would need:

Student Workbook 1A (goes along with Ch 1-5)

Student Workbook 1B (goes along with Ch 6-10)

Teacher Answer for Workbook (includes answers for 1A and 1B)

I ordered mine from Ray at http://www.horriblebooks.com. He has the Latin Prep I books on hand (and some others in the series)...otherwise he accumulates orders. He gives a 25% discount and charges $7.00 for shipping. (I did the math and he came out ahead when ordering all of these items. If you only need one or two, the book depository would be cheaper because they don't charge shipping)

We just started in January and are really enjoying it. My youngest son is using it and is doing well.

Good luck...I hope this helps!

I was at the Book Depository website, and there are 2 Latin Prep books-one is revised, so i assume I want that, correct? Then there is a LP book answer key, and a LP book A and B answer key. do I want both? Also, there was a LP workbook B, but no A(but there was a workbook that didn't have A or B on it-would that be considered A?)

Please help me figure this out. Also, what's the exchange rate for pounds vs. dollars so I can see what this will cost me in American money.

Thanks!

The basic text is Revised, and that is the edition you want. There is a separate answer key for the basic text.

There is a Workbook A and a Workbook B, and each has its name on the front. There is one answer key that combines the answers for the two workbooks.

Unfortunately, the exchange rate now is about 2 to 1. So 5 pounds will be $10.

The programme was initially just the textbook and the textbook answer book. That's all I've ever used and we have progressed well. So if you want to reduce the cost of the programme, you could skip the work books and their answer book.

You are welcome to join the Galore Park Yahoo group - link in my siggy.

Best wishes

Laura