Menu

What's with the ads?

Hi there! I haven't read any posts on this thread just yet, but wanted to mark it as well as send out a friendly "HOWDY Y'ALL!"

I'm DaLynn, 28yo married to Bill for 6.5 yrs. He works nights as a baker and we keep a late schedule to best accomodate his sleep patterns. We're currently in Austin, and within a year hope to buy a home - most likely we will end up somewhere between Kyle and New Braunfels, as dh's job takes him from as far south as San Antonio and as far north as Round Rock or even possibly Temple.

We've been homeschooling for almost 2 years now (June), and our three boys are: Christian, who turned 9 on Easter; Drew, who will be 5 in May; and Brandon, who is 3.5 with an August birthday.

I read WTM this past summer and have begun implementing it a little at a time into our methods and daily routines. My kiddos don't do well with abrupt change, but I don't think they've even really noticed all of this. LOL Besides, they are all (especially my oldest) doing better utilizing these methods than anything we were doing previously, which is, of course, the reason why I started doing it this way! So we're sort of new to classical, but I'm a researcher and feel comfortable with it at this time.

I could post more, but I don't wanna. LOL Gotta go wake up dh, and I'll come read some more TX posts soon!

I'm in Fort Worth, and will be starting homeschooling this Fall. My boys will be in first and second grade. I'll probably be going with Sonlight Core 1 for both, with some supplements here and there as needed. I'm excited to meet you all! :001_smile:

Howdy.

Adding another voice from Texas on the board.

My wife and I have 3, the oldest started homeschooling this past December at his request (he's 4 and was begging to learn to read).

Looking forward to lots of pleasant interaction with y'all.

I'm Sandra. We live in the north San Antonio.

We have been members (since Sept 2003) to a local homeschooling support group that meets weekly.

We've been in Killeen since July '07. We're military, and came here from OK, CA before that, GA before that, Germany before that, and Florida is home, lol.

hey, i'm in Killeen too

I'm Sandra. We live in the north San Antonio.

We have been members (since Sept 2003) to a local homeschooling support group that meets weekly.

HEY, YOU!!! :tongue_smilie:

We are in a little town called La Porte; it is right on Galveston Bay. I was born in Killeen, grew up here in La Porte, and have lived in Houston, Ft. Worth (loved it), and Alpine (near Big Bend--loved this, too).

We are hoping that God will bring us to live permanently in Central Texas. :auto: I have family in Austin, and my best friend is home schooling in Temple.

This was a fun thread to read and participate in!

looking for a family with teenage girls in the corpus chisti area that homeschool, pm me if you do....

I live in North San Antonio. We've only lived here for a year, but we love it! I'm even saying that despite being VERY pg in this hot Tx heat...

Hi,

I am Jen and have a ds(10). We've been homeschooling since Kinder. We live about an hour north of Dallas in Frisco. Really new to the forum and posting. I've been reading for a couple of months, but just registered today.:D

I'm in San Angelo-- 200 miles from any major city, but a nice community to live in. We've been here 20+ years -- homeschooling for 9.

I am in Victoria, first year "officially" homeschool `full-time` instead of pulling daughter out of school almost daily. I am so happyyy!!!

We have a great group here, but always looking for more friends!

Glad to find the site. WTM is my FOUNDATION next to Hirsch's Core Knowledge series.

We live NW of Fort Worth. I have lived in Texas my whole life, but most of it was in Austin. I love Austin and can't wait to move back some day. We have been near Fort Worth for 2 years now. - Michelle

We are in S. Central Tx. just north of San Antonio. We are in the beautiful, boundary busting town of New Braunfels.

My dh spent his teenage years, and a few of our married years, up at Canyon Lake!

I'm in west central Texas (officially considered West Texas, but still 400 miles east of El Paso).

Lorna, we lived in Odessa for 4 years, between 2002 and 2006.

I'm in San Angelo-- 200 miles from any major city, but a nice community to live in. We've been here 20+ years -- homeschooling for 9.

Dh went through his Army AIT there, back in the dark ages (1986-1987), at Goodfellow. And yes, you did read that right, he was Army, at an AFB. LOL!

Hi! I'm Kathy, and I've been married to Mike for going on 22yrs (02/28). We have two dc, 12yo (almost 13, 02/04) Mary and just turned 9yo (12/28) Micky. I have homeschooled since 2002, when Mary finished our church school's Kindergarten and we moved across the state from San Antonio (where I grew up) out to West Texas, Odessa to be specific.

We have now moved back to the greener side of the state, approx. 45 miles NE of Houston, outside the small town of Cleveland. We do hope one day to return to anywhere between Kerrville and Bastrop/Austin area. We miss central TX!

I am new to the idea of classical homeschooling, but love the concept and I hope to learn a lot by reading, and participating here on the forums.

:001_smile: