Menu

What's with the ads?

Are you from Texas? Let us know! Tell us at least what region (West, Central, Panhandle, South, Coastal Bend, GHA, DFW, Eastern, North), and also city (or closest major city) if you are comfortable. I can't believe that in this big 'ole state, noone has posted yet! (Or maybe I just couldn't find y'all searching for TX or Texas??)

• Like 1

We recently moved to Texas. My dh and I have a dd6, dd4, ds2.

Anyone else in the area? We'd be interested in a park/playground day- though being new to the area I really don't know where too many good ones are at!

Sue

• Like 1

My hubby commutes to Austin twice a week.

I have been homeschooling 9 years, my kids are 14, 12, 10, 6 and 4!:)

I'm in Southeast Texas- Beaumont. I've been here my entire life and love it!

No WAY! That's my hometown! :D Small world, isn't it?

We're near Lake Conroe now. :)

DFW area here!

I'm actually in a little town called Red Oak, just south of Dallas in Ellis County. We have an acre and a half w/ lotsa trees and an AWESOME creek that is perfect for 4 boys and my princess :-)

I grew up in San Antonio and wish i was still there [hi Pammy!]. The DFW area is colder than i remember SA being!! *sniff* But I am a lizard and love the heat. Anything under 80* is c-c-c-cold!

I started a secular yahoogroup for homeschoolers in our area, so if you know anyone in Ellis County that needs something like that, send them my way!

I can't wait for the homeschool conventions-- I know I'll be at the one in Arlington on that Friday and the Scout Show that saturday. I'm planning on attending the FEAST convention in San Antonio, and hoping to press my luck and hit the one in Austin too.

We'll hafta arrange another DFW get together at the HER store --I've met quite a few WTMoms irl that way.

If you're ever out this-a-way drop by and we'll go find some fossils in my creek :-)

see ya!

Central Texas

We live in the fastest growing town in Texas, Hutto!

I'm right up the road from you in Round Rock :-)

• Like 1

I'm in the DFW area - a northern suburb of Dallas.

It's cold right now and I don't like that, but normally I like where I live very much.

Oh I was just being sarcastic. :) Actually dh is there right now and every night we compare the weather there and here.

We were up househunting a few weeks ago (when it was much warmer there) and I *loved* the drier air. :)

Which suburb are you in? You can PM me.

We are in the NW Houston area, Lake Conroe area, to be more exact. But we will be moving I don't know where yet in May. Love moving when I am pregnant. Kinda lonely up here... I have 4 boys and a new baby due in July who we hope is a girl. We find out in 3weeks!

We live in DFW, in NE Tarrant county. I love it here and never want to move. We've lived in Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, and on the border here in TX. I like it here best. :)

I'm in San Antonio, but only until this coming summer when we relocate to frigid North Dakota. (Yea me. :rolleyes:)

(Hi, Pammy! Remember me from scouts? :D And hi, Peek-A-Boo! :D )

We are in the Missouri City/ Sugarland area. Before that we were in Austin for several years and we really miss it!:)

I haven't read all the responses yet b/c I couldn't wait to introduce myself. We are considering homeschooling next year and I'm just so excited about it. My eldest is in kinder this year. My sister just started HSing classically this past January and loves it. She referred me here (Hi, L)! We aren't sure yet what approach we will use, or even 100% sure we will HS, but definitely leaning that way (I have to convince DH but he is open). Trying to make contacts and learn a lot to help us decide!

Analisa, Mama to M 12/12/01, P 12/24/03, C 12/24/03, B 2/26/06

Hi! We're in south Austin, TX. DH commutes to San Antonio quite a bit, and we will probably relocate at least a little further south within the next year. (We're looking closely at everything between New Braunfels and Kyle. LOL)

Hi out there!!

BTW, I run a yahoogroup for homeschoolers in or near the south Austin area (including as far south as Kyle, even a few members in San Marcos). If anyone's interested, lmk!

We've been in Killeen since July '07. We're military, and came here from OK, CA before that, GA before that, Germany before that, and Florida is home, lol.