Menu

Texas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would love to locate someone from my area. Very few home schoolers here. My girls are 15 and 12. One son who is 4. We live about and hr. and 15 mins. from Bryan. Going the other way, we're about and hr from Palestine. About 40 mins. from Crockett.

Would love to hear from someone:bigear:

Edited by rose_king

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I would love to locate someone from my area. Very few home schoolers here. My girls are 15 and 12. One son who is 4. We live about and hr. and 15 mins. from Bryan. Going the other way, we're about and hr from Palestine. About 40 mins. from Crockett.

Would love to hear from someone:bigear:

My DH works in Fairfield! We go up there a lot to visit is that close to you?

I am in Central Texas. I'm about an hour from everything..lets see an little under an hour west of BCS, and hour north of Brenham, and hour NE of Austin, and our SE of Georgetown and hour south of Waco, and Temple! LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy, everybody!

I live 9 miles from Palestine and about 45 minutes from Tyler! I wonder if there is a group getting together around here that uses TWTM or classical :) Let me know...always open to making new friends!

We Texans sure are friendly folk:D

• 2 months later...

Hello,

We recently (Aug 2010) moved to the north Texas area, north of DFW, from Michigan. We are still trying to find our way around between Frisco and Denton. We are trying to get as much school done as possible, but still get out and make some friends. We've been homeschooling with the WTM from the beginning with a 10, 8, 4 and 2 year old.

I live in Frisco (75035) using Heart of Dakota

Hi,

I'm replying to the post of a WTM homeschooling family in Frisco. We are about 20 minutes north of Frisco in Providence Village and new to Texas from Michigan, but not new to homeschooling. Have you found other WTM groups in the area?

Lisa

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We live in Frisco, but I wanted to share. There is a co-op in Denton that follows TWM, http://dentonclassical.org/index.html . They are in the middle of registration for next year and only have a few spaces left. It certainly wouldn't be for everyone, but thought someone might be interested.

I'd be intersted in finding out about other homeschooling groups in the area, expecially in the Frisco/plano area. :bigear:

We live in Frisco, but I wanted to share. There is a co-op in Denton that follows TWM, http://dentonclassical.org/index.html . They are in the middle of registration for next year and only have a few spaces left. It certainly wouldn't be for everyone, but thought someone might be interested.

I'd be intersted in finding out about other homeschooling groups in the area, expecially in the Frisco/plano area. :bigear:

I checked out the website, and this looks awesome! Unfortunately, we can't attend "outside" classes yet because my availability to participate is NONE right now! I still have a 3yrold and 1yrold in tow. My 3yrold attends a half day preschool now and that seems to be all the "running" I can manage and still get everything done. Someday though...someday...

I'm keeping this Denton coop on my radar...maybe fall 2012! It sounds exactly like what I would be looking for in a coop.

I wanted to repost this for those seeking Classical coops in this area. This coop looks great! We can't join yet, but someday...someday... :)

On another note, all my neighboring kiddos will be off to PS in the fall. :( We are losing all of our playmates. :( So I'm going to have to jump into making some new friends with other homeschool families. Otherwise my kiddos and I will go insane! :) I've noticed there are lots of peeps posting here in the Frisco/McKinney/Denton areas. Just thinking aloud, but maybe we should try to meet up one day this summer for a playdate and see if anyone has any interest in setting up a permanent thing for the kids? :tongue_smilie:

• 3 weeks later...

We just moved to the hot, humid, and mosquito filled city of Beaumont. :glare: But I am an Okie always at heart.......sorry Texans! :lol:

Anyone else near Beaumont? Send me a message. We'd love to get together as we haven't met many classical homeschoolers here.

Hi, my name is Jennifer and I live in McKinney.

I am currently homeschooling my 6yr old son. My kids are 14 yrs apart, so after DD graduated I kinda fell out of the homeschool "scene." Now that I'm homeschooling again, I would like to hook up with other homeschool families in the area.

I'm not necessary looking for a co-op (although I keep an open mind), or hs informational meetings since I have quite a few years under my belt. But what I'd really love is to meet and make friends with fellow homeschoolers.

Looking forward to making new friends! :grouphug:

Edited by photojenic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest beadietux

I just started homeschooling using WTM curriculum and am in Cedar Park, a suburb of Austin. Would love to connect with others in this area!

• 1 month later...