Menu

Never to old to try something new . . .

So I got my ears pierced this weekend! Actually, :blushing: I'm embarrassed to say that I let my 9 year old daughters go first. And then we left the store and went somewhere else, and I still didn't even bring it up. Finally, I just blurted out, "Let's go back to Claire's!"

I'm 33 years old, and I honestly don't know why I never did get earrings. I think I never really thought much about them before - I'm not hugely into jewelry, and I don't spend a lot of time on fixing up, make-up, etc. But I think that since I've developed a chronic illness over the past year, (fibromyalgia and CFS/ME) I've learned that I need to do whatever I can to perk myself up, even when I don't feel perky. Looking better makes me feel a little better about myself, somehow.

So, all you gals who jumped on the earring express long ago, any tips for a newbie? :confused1: Any recommendations, things to avoid, horror stories (hopefully not too many of those!), or any other girl talk I may have missed on the topic? I'm so clueless on styles, and what looks good with what in terms of clothing and hairstyles, so if you have wisdom, fell free to clue me in!

Make sure you rotate and clean them, just like they told you to when you got them done. It can hurt like a beast, especially if they get crusty, but you absolutely must keep them clean and rotated :)

As for styles, I am not exactly the foremost on that subject, but I will say dh and his friends call the big hoops stirrups, and not for any nice reason ;)

:party: Congratulations on embarking into the painful aspects of womanhood :lol:

Fun! I was 10-12 when I had mine. When pregnant with Nathan, I became allergic to earrings, even most sensitive earrings. Now, for some reason, after wearing the sensitive ones for a year or so, I can wear regular earrings again.

I bought a few pairs recently. fun fun

:lol: It took me 33 years to get my ears pierced. I wouldn't look for the tattoo before at least age 66!

I guess if pierced ears is as bad as my "mid-life crisis" gets, I'll be okay. ;) Ya'll stay tuned . . .

Well hey at least you wouldn't have to worry about your tattoo starting to sag when you get older if you get it at 66 LOL.

:lol: That's so funny that you said that. My sister has volunteered a lot in her former church's home for the elderly, and she says after that experience she really doesn't want someone to have to look at her tattoo when they change her Depends some day. :tongue_smilie:

Now we've stumbled onto the secret to avoiding tattoo sag - just wait until late in life to get them!

Fun! My mom and I got our ears pieced at the same time, long ago! (I was 10 and she was 49). I don't wear earrings anymore but when I did, I liked having a basic stud style to fall back on when I didn't feel like messing with them.

I got my ears pierced in 8th grade, but recently went a few years without wearing any earrings. I got my ears repierced (the holes grew back in) a couple of years ago and picked out a nice pair of studs that I wouldn't mind wearing every day. I don't think I've changed them since then. I like the look of wearing earrings, but I don't want to bother with them, so this was my solution.

Someday I will get some nicer earrings than I had back in my teenage years and change my earrings more often.