Menu

New to HS

Guest AmyVG

Guest AmyVG

Hello!!

I've been researching the different methods of hsing, trying to find the best fit...I just finished reading The Well Trained Mind for pre-k and I'm sooo excited to have found the perfect hsing method for our family. Yay! I've just bought the neccessary books and supplies from the Rainbow Resource Center and as soon as they arrive we're going to drive right in!

In the meantime, I have the Phonics Pathways book, plus a couple of beginning readers, that my son and I can work through.

Really no point to this post, just to say HI! and that I'm excited!:001_smile: (and a bit nervous...)

Welcome to homeschooling the Classical way! I'm glad that you are excited! :)

It is wonderful to be starting at the pre-K level. I remember those years with such fondness. They were years of gentle discovery, of learning together (both subject matter and this whole "homeschool" thing). We're here if you get stuck or "hit a wall". :grouphug:

Hello!!

I've been researching the different methods of hsing, trying to find the best fit...I just finished reading The Well Trained Mind for pre-k and I'm sooo excited to have found the perfect hsing method for our family. Yay! I've just bought the neccessary books and supplies from the Rainbow Resource Center and as soon as they arrive we're going to drive right in!

In the meantime, I have the Phonics Pathways book, plus a couple of beginning readers, that my son and I can work through.

Really no point to this post, just to say HI! and that I'm excited!:001_smile: (and a bit nervous...)

Ooh....I love getting orders from Rainbow Resource :001_wub:! It's as good as Christmas :001_smile:.

Welcome. I started in the beginning, too, and it's great to be able to get a feel for what works and what doesn't before it really "counts", if that makes sense. Just remember that some things will work great and others won't, and that's okay :001_smile:. Have fun!

Wow! Just starting out. I remember how exciting that was. I have three kiddos too.

My encouragement to you is to remember that there will be hills and valleys in your homeschool journey; times when you'll groan going "up-hill" and and times when you'll say "weeeee, this is fun" going down-hill. This is all very normal. :lol:

Enjoy this precious time and may the Lord bless your homeschooling efforts.

Welcome!

I am using Phonics pathways with my K student, and with my new "bonus" student joining us after spring break, it's a nice reading program-not complicated..I've done complicated before.

how great to be starting down this road so early, enjoy the ride!