Menu

Univ. of New Orleans or Brooklyn College (x-post)

beth in md

Does anyone on these boards know anything about these two schools? My son, a junior, wants to attend film school for college. We won't qualify for much aid, but can't afford the big name schools like NYU, Columbia, Emerson, American etc. Also, he is a B student w/ middle of the road SATS so may not get in those schools anyway.

Brooklyn College and Univ. of New Orleans both appear to have decent film schools and are very inexpensive. We stayed in Brooklyn once for 2 weeks in Park Slope, and travel to NYC often, so he is not intimidated by the big city aspect. I am just worried about lack of dorms and "campus life" as he is very shy and could use some social interaction.

We also spent a week in New Orleans, but just did the touristy stuff. There is next to nothing on the internet about student experiences at UNO, although the film resources sound impressive.

We have a local, public university with a film school (Towson) that would be cheap but seems to be mostly a party school and does not have a great local reputation.

Can anyone tell me more about Brooklyn or UNO? Thanks!

Beth in MD

Homeschooling mom of 4

http://www.homeschoolmaryland.com

My mother thinks that Brooklyn is a good college. She was friends with a professor there when she lived in NYC. NYC is also full of museums etc. and would probably have better access to film festivals.

Sorry I can't offer any better info. :)