Menu

Anyone familiar with Texas Christian University?

Bee

My uncle is dean of the business school at TCU. To be honest, I know nothing at all about their dance department. He's only been there a year and I've only glanced at it. It looks like they do from their website, but I have no personal experience.

I have heard much more about SMU (Southern Methodist University) in Dallas. My piano teacher's daughter is one of the dance professors there. I've heard great things about it and seen lots of write ups about their dance department.

Christine

except to tell you that, locally, I've heard several times that TCU is a huge party school. I've also heard the same about SMU, and one of our church youth group gals who is on full scholarship to SMU has confirmed that, although I have to say that she is handling it very well--there wasn't any condemnation in her tone when she remarked on it. :)

Any chance you are looking for dance at a christian school?

Belhaven in MS is small (1500 students on their main campus) but has a very reputable dance program.

hth

Frankly, I was surprised when she mentioned TCU because of the name of the school. It just didn't seem to be what she would consider at all. But she read an article that mentioned it's dance program and was interested. Texas is a long way from home (the NE). I think it's probably a long shot anyway.

I very, very nearly went to TCU, but in the end SMU offered me better financial aid, and had a better honors program.

I'd urge her to check out SMU's dance program. It is excellent. It is a fine, fine program. SMU has fantastic professors across the board, and intro classes are often taught by full professors. I had a TA teach *one* class the entire time I was there.

(And yes, it's a party school, but I found it easy to not be a partier. If you stay out of the Greek system, the partiers will ignore you :lol:)