Menu

Help with searching boards

Hello- I am usually just a lurker here (I post on the curriculum boards from time to time), but am in need of a little help with searching the boards. I can't seem to figure out how to search for an exact phrase. For example, if I search for the phrase "logic stage", I am given results that contain both words, bot not both words together as a phrase. It doesn't make a difference if I include quotes or "+" or the word "and" (as on other boards). There must be a way to search for phrases! Can somebody here clue me in?

Thanks,

Sarah

I have read a tip here on using Google to search the threads. Enter what you're searching for and Well Trained Mind forums. You should get several good hits and I've had success that way. Other than that, I can't offer much advice as I've experienced similar problems with the search feature here. It seems to be hit and miss sometimes, for me anyways.:confused:

Here's an easy way to search this board for exact terms using Google:

Go to google and type in:

site:http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums "the phrase you want"

the word site is important, as is NO space between site and the URL. Put a space between the end of the URL and the beginning of your phrase. Put the phrase you want in quotes.

So to search for logic stage you would type in

site:http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums "logic stage"

HTH!

ETA: ahhhh, they are coming up as links here...you don't have to underline them or anything, just type in the letters as above

Edited by amyable