Menu

McRuffy Phonics and Reading Program

I am looking into McRuffy's first grade Phonics and Reading curriculum for my dd(6). She had been doing The Ordinary Parents Guide to Teaching Reading. We got around lesson 70 and she was doing ok but she just needed something more varied and fun. We then tried MFW 1st and I am not thrilled with the program. It has extra stuff included and I just want a phonics program...plus MFW 1st moves fast and does not have enough review in it IMHO. I love the looks of McRuffy's programs. The colored workbooks and stories look great. Is this curriculum easy to use? What have your experiences been using this curriculum?

Thanks!

Edited by Guest

We love McRuffy here. It is very easy to use. The TM is wonderful, in that it's scripted but not over the top IMHO. My dd loves the workbooks and readers. She has made great progress while using McRuffy. I also like that all of my LA is right there in one program, no need for separate spelling, grammar, etc.

If you have any specific questions please let me know.

• 4 weeks later...
We love McRuffy here. It is very easy to use. The TM is wonderful, in that it's scripted but not over the top IMHO. My dd loves the workbooks and readers. She has made great progress while using McRuffy. I also like that all of my LA is right there in one program, no need for separate spelling, grammar, etc.

If you have any specific questions please let me know.

:iagree:

We love it as well. My 5 year old ds is using the 1st grade LA, K science, and will be done with K math in a couple of weeks and then starting 1st grade math. I am very pleased with the entire curriculum and it has a great price. I plan to use Mcruffy for as long as possible. I like how the entire LA is intergrated, I did not want to pull from here or there to put together a LA program so I am very happy that this was put together for me. Everything is there. Handwriting, spelling, reading comprehension, phonics, creative writing, grammar, individual readers that the lessons are based on plus games to reinforce the lessons. Here is a post that another mom posted which can be very helpful.

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showpost.php?p=956295&postcount=8

or do search for mcruffy on the forum to read a little bit more, although Kel (nukeswife) is a great cheerleader for the program. :001_smile: you may want to read all of her post on the subject. I think I learned about the program from reading one her most earliest post that garnered some discussion.

p.s.

they also have excellent customer service and are happy to help you when needed.

Peace,

Candace